PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I spent the last 11 days in a VA hospital donating part of my right foot to science and I wanted another cheap and solid beater pipe to commemorate the occasion.
Just moments before discharge, I sealed the deal on this hideous Savinelli on eBay.
101ex-450x600.jpg

More pics on the auction page HERE.
If it performs like my other Savinelli's, I can't wait to fill it. Being an EX model, it likely holds half a tin.
Go ahead, tell me how ugly it is. I'm a big boy... :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It's not ugly. It just has that classic melted snickers bar look. In all seriousness though, I kind of like it. It has a tactile gnarly tree stump kind of appeal.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not a big fan of rustication... but I don't hate it! It has a certain level of charm. I'd smoke it. Congrats and enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
Wish you the best Jay but as you desribed it yourself, looks are not everything and Savinellis can be good smokers :)

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Your foot must've been in pretty rough shape if it was suitable for shaping into a stummel, but I imagine it'll smoke well. Dessicated human flesh is known to be both porous and light. Be sure and break it in slowly!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Rapid and comfortable healing to you. Pipe looks fine to me, rough and ready.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I almost bid on that one, Jay; I'm glad it went to you! Me, I like the Estella, style, although I admit it's a bit of an acquired taste.
I'd noticed your temporary absence but didn't know how come you were out of the loop. Glad you're mostly back. Or back mostly, or something. Rapid healing, my virtual messmate!
Which reminds me that I've been meaning to ask -- has anyone heard any updates from/on Warren??
Bill

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
As MSO said "Rapid and comfortable healing to you. Pipe looks fine to me, rough and ready."

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Which reminds me that I've been meaning to ask -- has anyone heard any updates from/on Warren??
I was just wondering the same thing yesterday. He mentioned he was going to be away for a while afterwords and cautioned against firing up the "rumor mill" haha. Hopefully he is doing fine.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Nothing wrong with that pipe. Estella's are some of the best smoking pipes Savinelli has made. Ask Old Cajun about EStella's he has a bunch of them and always talks about his love for them. At the price you paid you got a major score.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Workman understands me! :wink:
Odobenus, I think there may have been a very severe ghosting issue had I turned my spare parts into a pipe
I could not find much info on the Estella line but the few comments I saw seemed to regard them fairly well. One or two suggested it was a precursor to the Autograph name.
I think I'll start an Estella inquiry thread for educational purposes.
jay-roger.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
Funny, I'm pretty sure I sold that bowl. Has a couple of familiar characteristics. Never understood my dad when he talked about a car that he had sold just by a specific dent on a fender. I understand him a bit more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.