PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well my P.A.D. seems to be constantly itching me when I see a Brigham for a steal on Ebay and I recently saw this one and got the other because it was the same seller and very cheap.
sportsman.jpg

This is a Brigham sportsman. I'm not sure from when but if I had to guess I would say mid-late 70's. It's in great shape and since these pipes were only ever partially finished and never waxed only needed a stem sand and polish to bring it back up to good as new. They also don't make 'em anymore so I needed at least one for my collection and I like the shape on this one. It's also a really great smoker.
btighampot.jpg

This is just a one dot Brigham rusticated pot with a weird two hole opening in the bit. It is also in great shape and even though the stem is rather unique I'm going to give this one to my brother as a gift. My younger brother wants to start smoking a pipe so what kind of brother would I be if I didn't help him out?
All in I believe in only paid about $19 USD for the both of them delivered. Hmm I'm going to have to really show off my pipe collection soon.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Brigham used to do really great rustication in the "glory days". Recently they're still doing (or rather "having done for them") pretty nice looking and feeling stuff but it just isn't as great as it used to be. Now I really must show off some of my finer Brighams and really show them off.
Or maybe I shouldn't?! You could all get in my way on Ebay! The Brighams are mine!

Haha no I will. They're really great pipes and with Brigham recently opening their doors in America you folks over there should definitely learn how they were when made in Canada to compare to the new Italian makes. If I remember correctly the new pipes are made in the same factory as Lorenzetti pipes so they are still great pipes for your dollar.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice...and what a price! You can end up paying nearly $19 just for shipping these days.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
It's a recipe for rumination if I ever saw one!

Haha if either of them was a Peterson I wouldn't be surprised to be mistaken for an irishman.

Of course if you ever heard me speak the mystery would be shattered.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I was introduced to Brigham through Kevin's recent article about their US re-opening. Good to get a little bit of the history of them here in the forum. Enjoy the smokes, ich!

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Oh you can count on it Romeo. If you've got any questions about Brigham in the future feel Free to ask. I'm happy to share what I've learned with anybody in the community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.