PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Just ordered 4oz of 1M and another tin of MacB's Vanilla Flake.. I'm done for this month, I hope. .

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My TAD and PAD never gets out of hand, because as soon as it does my wife is going to kick my butt. Just knowing that in the back of mind all the time keeps me from ordering to much.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
My wife is also "upset" everytime she sees a package come. Really hard to explain that I am planning for the future. I am spending around $100 a month on tobacco but probably cellaring 75% of my purchases.

I was spending well over double that on cigarettes less than a year ago, hopefully someday she will be a bit more understanding. :roll:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Pad is in check now as my favorite carver is ramping up for Chicago. Tad is under control as my favorites are out of stock :(

Jul 12, 2011
LOL- I always say that, but sure enough there is always another order

that followed the last one...perhaps in the same month...week...few

days....
Well tell your TAD demon, bacci pricing is on the rise and that is

a serious thing for all us pipers...I might kick myself for yet

another PAD hit, but never a TAD one...especially these days ;-)

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
You can always have too much tobacco, but never enough pipes. Why don't you check out some auctions/buys on BriarBid.com???? It will balance out the effect of too much tobacco. LOL

And I do have some fine estate pipes for sale there, as if you didn't already know!!!!

Andy

http://www.briarbid.com/101135,auction_id,auction_details

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
gwtwdbss said:

Pad is in check now as my favorite carver is ramping up for Chicago. Tad is under control as my favorites are out of stock
OK,

You have me curious, now who might be your favorite carver?????

I promise not to get there before you do. I have to sell some pipes there, not buy any. LOL

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
She spends about $180 a month on cigarettes. I'm well over that this month with orders. I won't be ordering for a couple weeks now. I have what I need for a bit, and a little more for the cellar, I'm happy and I don't wanna piss off the wife lol. I plan on gaining some more Brigham's and I'm eyeing up a couple Johs pieces as well but those will have to wait a while. I'm happy with what I got right now and I don't think she will have a problem with me spending a little now and then to add treats to my cellar.

I'm still looking for the odorless, smokeless hunter's blends :wink: :rofl:

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
My wife is also "upset" everytime she sees a package come. Really hard to explain that I am planning for the future. I am spending around $100 a month on tobacco but probably cellaring 75% of my purchases.

I was spending well over double that on cigarettes less than a year ago, hopefully someday she will be a bit more understanding.
She'll learn sooner or later. My mum use to get really pissy about me laying down a hundred dollars every few months for a tobacco purchase. Then one day I helped her unload, I kid you not, seven cases (12 bottles each) of wine. As I helped unload them I asked how this was any different than me stockpiling tobacco. She gave me this exact look...
eKIodzc.jpg

She never gave me crap again.​

Status
Not open for further replies.