PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
During the spring and summer it's sitting under the oak tree in the backyard. During the fall and winter it's sitting in front of the fire pit while contributing to global warming.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
@jvnshr:

Yes, fortunate, thank you. My wife insisted on a view of white-capped peaks.

Come to Colorado to visit sometime; there are several other Forum members who live in this area.
There is a paved road to the top of Mount Evans as well as to the top of Pikes Peak near Colorado Springs. Also the highest paved continuous road in the US is Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park near Estes Park.
Sometimes the moon needs a rest after a long night of work:

6CQREtd.png

This photo took many years of waiting to get the perfect alignment of moon & mountain.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Yes, indeed. I have lived in Colorado since 1982, & on the side of a mountain since 1993.

The weather is interesting. We have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes & it will change" (a little hyperbolic, but not far from the truth).

Spring is beautiful, but does not start until May. Measurable snowfall may occur year-round.

Summer in the mountains is wonderful; the temperature rarely got above 80 F this past Summer

Fall is nice, though our Aspen trees are not as colorful as hardwood trees.

Winter varies, but is usually snowy & lasts from October through April. We received 18 inches of snow earlier this week. We have had Winters with snowstorms of 2-5 feet. In March of 2003 we had one storm dump just under 8 feet of snow over a three and one-half day period. However, after all snowstorms it is usually sunny with intensely blue skies which allows most of the snow to melt before the next storm, though during some snowier Winters snow may remain deep under the trees until Spring.

Unless the weather is very cold, windy, or the snow is deep, I wear shorts year-round (our lower humidity makes the cold feel less penetrating & more tolerable)

It is hard for me to pick a favorite season.

After I retired a year and a half ago I spend most of my waking hours outside. Many Coloradans are of the same mind as we have the fittest & least obese population in the USA.

It is a great place to live.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@cossackjack, Colorado guy here and we have an abundance of nice smoking spots up in the mountains, around the plains, and even in the city. Unfortunately, none of those apply to me, especially once the temperature dip into the 40's.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
@cmdrmcbragg:

Yes, I was aware that you are a fellow Coloradan; there are at least a few others on this Forum.

You are fortunate to at least have your man-cave in which to smoke during inclement weather. I am exiled to an unheated garage with a half-open garage door, though I have experienced many pleasant smokes there. I would like to build an equipment shed where I could also smoke in comfort. Maybe next Spring or Summer. I should go outside now for a smoke - the white-mantled Mt Evans beckons. (I have a few new-to-me blends from a TAD order)
By the way, have you ever gone to The League Pipe Club meetings at Delany's Irish Pub on Blake Street? I have not received email notices from them since the March 2014 & wonder if the League still exists.
(Apologies to the Forum for hijacking this thread into a Coloradan meet-and-greet).

Status
Not open for further replies.