PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just received an email from Rad with the pictures of my black Rhodesian with the Spalted Tamarind Cap and stem inlay completing the set. It is a group 5 with the dimensions as follows. Length 5 3/8 bowl height 2" bowl depth 1 3/4" bowl width 13/16 and weight at 56 grams. I am so psyched as I think it came out great. Rad has been a pleasure to do business with the entire time, he always answered my questions promptly and makes commissioning a pipe very easy. Here is the latest and then the rest of the set.

The rest of the set.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wow. Thanks for posting this, Harris. It's truly impressive to see them all together. The Rhodesian is amazing.
I also didn't realize, having seen them piecemeal over the past few months, that they all have the same basic color scheme, including the cumberland stems and stem accents (on those that have them).
It's quite a collection -- and since I know how much you've enjoyed how Rad's pipes smoke, it's all the more impressive.

Dec 24, 2012
Holy moley, that new one is a stunner. Wow. And all together? Magic. You don't deserve pipes that nice, lol

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
You don't deserve pipes that nice, lol
I second that. But to make up for it, the rest of us will happily take your extra pipes, seeing as you won't be needing them anymore.
Seriously, though, are there any pipes in your collection that can compete with ones in the 7-Day Set, or with your other Rads?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys and peck I deserve my Rad's more than you deserve your Cooke's. lol
Pitchfork, in terms of smoking qualities I do have other pipes that are in the same league as Rad, but in terms of comfortable stems, his are my favorites. The others that smoke great also have great stems, but Rad flattens his just a tad more which fit my teeth to perfection. I am splitting hairs really because the other artisan pipes like Ruthenberg, Jody Davis, Scott Thile, Bruce Weaver,Mike Butera and Steve Morrissete all make fantastic pipes. I am also partial to Rad's pipes because of how he can make a pipe that is so light but that holds a good amount of tobacco. He is definitely my favorite, but the others are right up there. In terms of a factory pipe, Castello is my favorite.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
They are all very nice but as we say here that last one's a corker (meaning the last one made that is)! Enjoy x 7!

Jan 8, 2013
I don't really care for the look of rusticated pipes.... but DAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGG I'm in love with that newest one at the top! Wow that's nice! I hope you enjoy it :)

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Beautiful set Harris, but that last one is the icing on the cake. So what's next for your collection?

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Harris on your newest Rad and the entire collection.
Was Rad able to make a special case or cabinet to store them all? They deserve proper display while waiting to be smoked.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I guess they're OK. You know, if you like that kind of thing.
KIDDING! Wow! What a great set!
Now, can you find a black, sandblasted 7 slot pipe rack?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys for the nice comments.
Tucker, funny you should ask, once I am done with my cellar, I will have to think about that. Maybe a set of Rad's all in a natural stain so I can watch them darken over the years.
Doug, I do have a case to hold them given to me by a fiend. Tomorrow when my daughter gets here I am going to have her take pictures as I take lousy one.
Bigvan, now that would be one hell of a case, never seen or heard of anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.