Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ahmadothman

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Thought of sharing an update on my current rotation of pipes. I have started smoking in early March with two pipes I found in my late father's belongings. A Falcon Extra straight with an apple bowl he bought during his internship in the UK in the 70s and a Pierre Morel handmade which I don't use much. Since then I added all the rest to the collection.
Peterson:

Dracula 999

Ebony System XL315 fishtail
Falcon:

Extra straight

Extra bent

With bowls:

smooth Istanbul - Algiers - Apple

Rusticated Rim Dublin

Rusticated Genoa (larger apple)
Stanwell black sandblast Royal Danish tapered Billiard
Orlik Deluxe L220 pre-Cadogan

And I hope they smoke for so long and that I can have other siblings to them.

Puff on, everyone :puffpipe:

ahmadothman

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Nice pipes! Is the Pierre Morel a Sr. or Jr.? Senior was quit a sculptur also. He passed away in 1978. In the early 70's I made him a custom knife for a one of a kind hand made pipe of his. His son is a well known pipe maker. Jr. taught Brunno Nuttens of France his craft. Brunno also make some beauties. If your Morel is a Sr. it's very collectable, more so in the European market.
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
It is Morel Sr. Early 70s I presume. It is a billiard/Chimney straight with natural grain.

ahmadothman

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Well, I did.. And that's a post I did about it a couple of months ago..

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-nice-memoir

pagan

Preferred Member
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Nice, I like the pipe rack too, looks like very fine craftsmanship. Also noticed the avatar update, dig the retro B&W thing there :clap:

dottiewarden

Preferred Member
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Congrats on the nice little collection you've going there.
The Dracula is making me drool for a bowl right now and that Stanwell blast looks like it was made for me.

ahmadothman

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Thanks all for the comments. And that pipe stand was a great find at the local B&M made by a master carpenter for them
As for the Morel, I detached the stinger and it smokes beautifully now. It needs more buffing and ai don't have th tools for it. I will try to get fine sandpaper and do it.
And the dracula is great, one of my favourites. And the Stanwell is a must have

ahmadothman

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Nice, I like the pipe rack too, looks like very fine craftsmanship. Also noticed the avatar update, dig the retro B&W thing there :clap:
The B&W is actually reaemble a carbon drawing. Which looks quite cool in big format. Will get a link of it when I get on a computer