PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I just noticed that my old forum avatar started showing up. I know we had some issues with this in the past but I never experienced any issues. What gives?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
LOL Igloo!
Are you sure you changed it on the forums Glenn?
I see this one on your site profile:
oldmansmokingpipe-avatar2.jpg

For the record, I saved what the forum currently shows in a separate folder (in case you change it) and here it is:
eaglerico.jpg

If you definitely changed it, when did you do it?
I will randomly download the entire site to different machines. My download on my desktop was May 17, 2011, and my recent download to my laptop was December 23, 2011. Both have the same avatar shown above.

smokinggun

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2011
No offence to anyone here but I have also had site troubles since signing on, for example if I try to click the "my profile" link on the left hand side it says I cant do that and when I try to crop my avatar the funtion just hops araound, I know what I am doing I have done it many times but alas this does not work. I also find over lapping script quite often as well. Am I missing something?

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Sorry Kevin. I just saw your reply. I changed them both at the same time. Doesn't bother me. I will just keep it as is. I forgot how much I liked it.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
smokinggun: You're not missing anything or doing something wrong (I don't think). That "Profile" on the left can't really be accessed by anyone except Kevin. If you want to see your "Forum Profile", find a thread that you posted in and click on your name. This will bring you to you to the profile everyone sees while in the forum. It has your most recent posts as well as all the threads you've created. If you want to see your "Site Profile", go to the Main Site Page, hover over "My Account" and click on "Profile". That'll take you to your the "other" profile.
As for the other things you may have been experiencing the weirdness that happened a few days ago when they were working to fix the site. Hopefully it's stopped. if not, PM me and let me know. Thanks!
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.