PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I was on the lookout for Lovats, so here we go.
Top pipe is a barely smoked Connoisseur NYC/Ed Burak made after 1981. This one was in a box of estates I got for a song. I really should note that once I found it our own SSJones(Al) gave me a quick history on how special they are. Thanks again Al!
Bottom pipe is an unsmoked Ron Fairchild, a Houston TX carver and his work on classic shapes is spot on. Smokes wonderfully.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Great haul Jason. I really like that Burak. Let us know how it smokes. A local guy always has several for sale reasonable priced.

kingjon

Can't Leave
Aug 27, 2013
Am quite fond of Lovats myself, those are some great looking pipes. Hope they smoke as well as they look.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love it Jason! The guy selling those estates really knew his stuff, so you were lucky to get that Burak at a good price. I hope to see you and your wife again, I really enjoyed the time together.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Thanks Al. I enjoyed my time with you guys as well, more than you know. If they do another show, it might be just me. My wife was not as enamored with NOLA. :?

I will probably let her stay behind at the beach and I come in alone next time.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I understand. To be honest, when we visit the city now, we rarely visit the Quarter. It's so expensive to fly into NOLA, we don't get to come that often and visit the daughter. So, I'll always have to split time between show and family stuff. We miss her and my son-in-law already...

Status
Not open for further replies.