PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Alright ladies and gentleman I am looking to add yet another pipe Thursday and wanted to get some feed back price range 80-150$ willing to spend. I am going to check Boswells Thursday morning just to see what they got...I'm honestly not sure what style I want so styles would also be good to hear input. Styles I already own consist of a bulldog, billiard, poker, churchwarden, gourd calabash, meerschaum sultan, MM wizard cobbit, royal Danish 986, Belmont Whitehall.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
I don't know if you are a fan of clenching, but looks like current collection might be on the larger and or heavier side so a lightweight pipe to clench might be a possible direction to look.(granted, the bulldog and billiard might already fill that niche depending on make)
I never really paid much attention to that, but as of late purchases the weight has been making it or breaking it for me. I was actually shocked how much .3 ounces can make a world of difference.
Also be honest, :) , first thing that popped into my head when I read the list was needs more cob.
Edit: Just put two and two together and noticed you changed your avatar to a pic with a pipe being clenched, so guess that answers that.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Ha yea I do have a few cobs just didn't add them except the cobbit... I have been eyeing the MM freehand sweet looking cob, but I think I need a good nose warmer maybe. I'm looking for something I can travel with. But then again that's when I use cobs.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
One suggestion simply.

Brebbia Lido bent dublin with a Plum Pudding to make perfect one day.

http://www.smokershaven.com/browseproducts/Brebbia-Pipe-Lido-Tan-Bent-Dublin.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Shape-wise, you might want to look at a Dublin, Rhodesian, brandy, apple, or author, among others. A smaller, lighter pipe might complement the ones you have, which seem larger. A MM freehand, a somewhat larger corncob pipe, might be an addition some time when the budget is a little tight, too. Happy hunting. If you don't feel anything is terrific, hold off and think it over. Pipes last a long time, so it's good to get it right.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Savinelli is a great pipe with a lot of different price points. I'm fond of the Tortuga or Oscar lines. No shipping costs at TobaccoPipes.com.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Great choice. Specially like smooth finish than rusticated.

like this.

http://www.4noggins.com/peterson-dracula-smooth-221-fishtail.aspx

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I'd have a good look at Neerup pipes in that price range. The few I have owned have been wonderful pipes.

I'm also a big fan of Made in Denmark Stanwells. For me, they were always the best factory pipes. They're now made in Italy but you can still find the old ones.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Savinelli has recently come out with some new lines that look good. Not sure how many retailers are carrying them yet.
Might still be a few St Pattys Day pipes floating around out there

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-MARVIC-PIPE-WITH-GRAIN-THAT-IS-OUTSTANDING-WHAT-A-GREAT-CARVER-/121584330746?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4efda7fa

?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
It sounds to me that you should probably hold on to your money, and wait till you find a pipe that really appeals to you. Just adding a new pipe because you have the money doesn't make sense to me. Especially if you're going to drop a significant amount of money.
Just put it away somewhere for a rainy day. One day you'll go online, or on the forums and find that someone has posted a pipe for sale, and that way you'll have the money to pick it up rather than saying. "Aw man I wish I had the cash for that one."
If I have to go ask forum members to suggest a pipe shape because I can't decide on what to buy, I really didn't NEED to buy one in the first place.
With that said, good luck on your decision.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I recommend a Savinelli 320. I have two and I love them. Great smokers for $100.
n9b6C3Tm.jpg

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
If I were buying a new pipe this week, I'd probably get a Peterson St. Patrick's Day 2015. I love the green and black, which just happen to be my old fraternity colors, and I first smoked a pipe in the frat.
However, I also really like the looks of several Savinelli lines. The Tortuga, Alligator, and Pigna are all great looking. And the 320 is a great shape, although I don't know if any of the lines I just named come in a 320.
In conclusion, do whatever the hell you want.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd suggest checking out Icarus Pipes. I just got my first and I love it. For the price you won't find anything comparable in the factory pipe market. The pipe has artisan carved attention to detail. I think depending on finish they range from $100-$200.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
The Savinelli Quandale 602. Not a nose-warmer at 8 inches but I have one and it's great.

quandale-602-600x399.jpg

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Best suggestion so far is to save my cash. I have found a few that I like but I want to make sure I enjoy the shape I choose. So gonna hit up the Pittsburgh pipe club Saturday and see what's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.