PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Just arrived from Turkey. I have only been at this hobby for about a month. I now have 3 meers and 1 briar(I don't use it). I will take a picture of this pipe every few weeks to see the progress of the coloring(if any). The last picture is of my other MeerQueen Emin Straight Billiard that I have had for 2 weeks and I am going to give it 2 weeks rest(was told this helps even out the coloring).

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Very nice masspiper. I can see why you are giving up on briars. I have 30-40 briars which I do enjoy. But, when I reach for a pipe, I always find myself going for a meer :wink:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That Diamond Series is a very impressive looking meer. I really like that shape/style. Congrats!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That is a very nice meerschaum pipe. As Junkyarddawg said don't get too hung up on the color thing, just smoke the pipe and let the meerschaum take care of the rest!

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Well my 2 main meers the Tekin Diamond Series MeerQueen and the Emin MeerQueen Billiard have been getting some good use. The Tekin is approx. a week old and the Emin is over 3 weeks old. Both are great smokers(most important). The Emin is really starting to color nicely in the shank and is starting to show some on the bowl. The Tekin still almost looks like virgin meer. Funny thing is the Tekin cost slightly more and is graded 6 of 6 block quality(not sure what quality block the Emin is). I am having fun with both and will enjoy the smoking and coloring process with each of them.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
What a nice pipe!! I have always wanted a meer but a brand new pipe is out of the question on my budget ATM. It is however my birthday next month....hint hint everyone :rofl: just joking. But I did make that hint with all seriousness to TWOTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.