PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Hi All,

Been a while since I have been around. Wanted to share with you the latest pipes and baccy I got from the US and a friend had them with him on his way here.

A Peterson Derry Rusticated B27, 2 Missouri Meerschaum ( Huck Finn and Elf Cobbit)

With Frog Morton on the town, Cult Red Blood Moon and Abacus

Happy Smokes, everyone

14264169_10157442164535203_6819537150172741714_n.jpg

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Nice pipes and some interesting tobacco. Love the Peterson! I'm not familiar with any of the Cult line, but you can't go wrong with any of the Frog Morton series.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
The Frog on the the Town is quite nice, however, I enjoy the Bayou and Cellar more. They're more my type.

Enjoy your spoils :wink:
:puffy:

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Thanks, All.. The Peterson is really really good.. She smokes great and it's a 2 hr+ smoke.. which is surprising

And Frog Morton is beautiful. Smooth, smoky and light.. I guess I'll try a heavier Latakia FM.. what do you suggest?

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'd like to know your thoughts on the elf cobbit. I've been thinking of getting one myself. I love cobs and like the look of the cobbits.
I recommend trying Frog Morton Cellar if you get the chance. It's a wonderful middle ground between an aro and a very mild English. The Latakia is there, but definitely takes a back seat. The aro aspect is not at all overwhelming and blends nicely with the flavor of the tobacco. The aro note is supposed to be bourbon, which I taste a bit, but when smoking slowly and cooly tastes more like a cream liquor to me. I often have a bowl of it with coffee with cream and sugar first thing on saturday and sunday mornings.
Also, Frog Morton Cellar is a post-2007 blend (if you've heard about the FDA business going on in the U.S.) so it might only be around for a couple more years. However, it is a popular enough blend that maybe it will be financially worth while for McClelland to get it through the approval process.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
@lawdawg thanks for the tips, I will certainly get more FM and I plan to try the cellar
As for the Elf, I loved it.. Had the very first smoke in it yesterday and it smokes well. Quite cool, even with OTC blends. It has an above average sized bowl, so it gives around a 50m smoke. I'd recommend one indeed. And best thing is that a normal pipe cleaner runs through it, no need for extra long ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.