PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Another day I sold one of my newer production Stanwell 29 billiard in order to replace it with this very same model but from a much older era when they did mark Stanwells with Regd no cod, the pipe itself has undergone fully refurbish and restoration by renowned English estate pipe vendor and obviously was far from being affordably priced,at least for my pocket,but I got to do what I got to do,hope this one will live up to my expectations.

stanwell-handmade-29-selected-briar-regdno1-600x600.jpg

stanwell-hand-made-29-shank-600x600.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
oOoOO I like that! I am a big fan of Stanwell pipes, even though I only own one. It's a newer one and it just smoked so nice. However I'm still having stem fitment issues, and it's practically no longer smokeable. And it was too inexpensive to afford getting a new stem for it. So it's retired now.
But I've gotten a big liking to straight billiard pipes, and that one you have looks perfect!

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
My Stanwell Royal Guard 98 has quickly become my favorite Va/VaPer pipe. So much room in that chamber for such a small, light, little pipe. Smokes like a dream too. I hope yours serves well for many years!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks Guys,

@dmcmtk, apparently so, they do have some of very nice looking refurbished & restored estates,but the prices are a bit steep for me especially when we're looking at Euro/Pound exchange rate. 1 e/88 pences

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Now after some two bowlfuls, I can say,there is some difference in performance between the current production and these older ones,yet This 29 has thinner chamber walls than the today's production Royal Guard nro 29 has

Status
Not open for further replies.