PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
I am have been looking for a jaw hanger and like the Oom Paul shape and found one from at the time an unknown maker. Thankfully I am a new member here and found some very positive reviews of the pipes that were sold by Jansen's of New Orleans. I found it on e-bay being sold as a used estate pipe and liked the shape and it appeared in good condition and with a nice grain. I also liked the shape, sort of an Oom Paul/egg shape. I got it for what I thought was a reasonable price and it arived today and much to my surprise it's more beautiful in person and is actually unsmoked!!!
The pipe has zero fills and only a few very small sand pits and instead of detracting from the look they compliment it in my opinion. Overall it's a beautiful pipe!!!

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
Okay I am at a loss, how do I post photos here?
Thanks

Draco

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well what a coincidence! I just sold my Jansen's Oom Paul to a forum member in Hungary, where they call the shape as some others do a "Hungarian". I have another Jansen's pipe, a Bulldog that I bought at the store about 30 years ago. Very nice pipes, but the Oom Paul was just too big for me. Hope you enjoy yours.
Here's the one I had.

img_00172-600x445.jpg

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
image2-600x427.jpg

The other side of my Jansen's N.O. pipe.
Like I said kind of a cross between an Oom Paul and a Bent Egg...Smokes nice for a new pipe.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
image1-538x600.jpg

These are the only noticeable flaws on the whole pipe besides about three pin prick sized pits, no fills anywhere and I think it looks great. This is exactly as it came NOS, un-smoked...well it was un-smoked LOL!!!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It is a beauty! A bent egg, or.... I doubt it falls in the Hungarian (or Oom Paul) class, but that's an amateur guess.
Enjoy!!

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
Orley actually I have a Jobey Oom Paul that looks just like the one you sold!!!
I guess my Jansen's is more of a bent egg...

Status
Not open for further replies.