PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaan

Lurker
Nov 20, 2015
Hello guys, yesterday i bought my first Peterson. I didnt have a smaller one so i chose this. I believe its a discontinued one isn't it. It is semi smooth so you can hardly feel the grains of the wood. I am gonna smoke it tonight. I hope you like it.
URL]

image_zpsotc3k1dl.jpeg
[/URL][/img]
image_zpsr5ooeb0x.jpeg
[/URL][/img]
image_zpsb1i7mimy.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

kaan

Lurker
Nov 20, 2015
Could somebody tell me its production era? New Irish Made series have K&P Peterson logo but the one i have has K&P Petersons. Am i wrong?

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
kaan, nice pipe! I love Peterson pipes but unless the metal has a hallmark they really cannot be dated. Your pipe looks newer and probably has a nickel band which means no hallmark. Only the silver bands are hallmarked. The below link will take you to Peterson pipe website and provide more information. Congratulations on your Peterson, some here think they have quality control issues. Maybe they do...I have four and all are very good smokers. So I love them!!
Peterson pipe hallmark.

kaan

Lurker
Nov 20, 2015
Thanks fordm60, mine has a nickel band unfortunately. I spend 100 $ for this pipe and i dont expect much. I have filled it with rubbed down McClelland 2015 and it smoked fine. Gurgled once but it is usual for me with this blend when i dont dry it down. :)

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
For the money I love Petersons! Must be the Irish in me. Love their "chunky" look. Although yours is not one of those. I think you will find it is $100 well spent!! Happy smokes!!

kaan

Lurker
Nov 20, 2015
I dont like small sized pipes in my hands (large hand and chubby fingers) but it felt good and i bought it. Stem is about to stain, its pale and shop owner told me it had been there for a while, it weights only 33 gr and i decided to buy it after a good bargain. My next purchase will be a Mastro de Paja Castaneo Rhodesian but i believe i have to own some small sized pipes in order to experience all aspects of the pipe world. :)
By the way, what's that shape called?

fyfol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2015
Nice find! Who sells Petes for $100 in Turkey? :mrgreen:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I don't have any info on your pipe but I can tell you it sure is a real beauty! Enjoy. :puffy:

kaan

Lurker
Nov 20, 2015
fyfol, i found it in my local tobacconist in Besiktas, Istanbul. We get along pretty well so i had a good bargain. :) By the way, while i am surfing through pipes i noticed that i dont have any danish pipes so i've had my first blind buy!
http://www.danishpipeshop.com/product.asp?product=12850#.VmdjkXpXyrU
Somebody stop me! :(

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
To paraphrase a new found friend, "There is no one to blame but yourself, sir." Nice Danish; puff on, puff on.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
kaan, it is a D6. The second post you made with the picture shows that.

kaan

Lurker
Nov 20, 2015
I have an update for this one. I smoked Dunhill Standard Mixture Mellow on this and it smoked very hot, burned my tongue. As this is my first "small" and no filter pipe, i couldnt tell if its my bad or it's. I take my time while smoking, so i dont hassle. My 60-70 $ worth local made pipes dont smoke as hot as it is (they are bigger than this and have longer shanks with 9mm filters). So what should i do? Sell it or try something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.