PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I finally got by to pick up my Ardor Urano Fantasy today, and I got to take some nice pictures of it finally once I got it back to my office. She's a beauty and feel so light in my hand. It clenches like a dream and fits my new Northwest Gentlemen red Bison leather pipe roll like a champ. I also discovered some Rattray's Hal o' The Wind on the shelf and decided to pick up a tin.
So now, without further ado, the most expensive pipe I have bought to date and my first, probably not last, Ardor Urano Fantasy with a yellow acrylic stem:
20190207_142253-600x291.jpg

20190207_142333-600x454.jpg

20190207_142422-600x405.jpg

20190207_142556-551x600.jpg

20190207_142702-600x382.jpg

20190207_143012-600x466.jpg

20190207_142744-526x600.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
It's definitely the biggest pipe I own now. It didn't come with anything to tell me what size the chamber is, but I doled out what I considered to be the usual amount of tobacco I normally lay out for one of my other pipes, generally in the 1-1/2" deep and 3/4" diameter bowl size, and it still would need a little more. It's about 75% full.
Placing my scale on it, looks like roughly 7/8" in diameter. Can't tell how deep yet. It's full of HotW at the moment, and about to be taken on her inaugural smoke!
You sure look happy man! Lots of cool carving and cragginess.
Oh yeah, I'm a happy camper right now! I'm about to be even happier when I get to fire this beauty up!
Great looking pipe. A fine addition to your collection, congrats.
Thanks Harris, I appreciate it! She's certainly going to be the flagship of my collection for a while.

Jan 8, 2013
I was waiting for these photos! :clap: Such a fantastic (I did that on accident) pipe! And I love the Northwest Gentlemen pipe roll. Tim Love does fantastic work, and I'm sure you'll love yours as well as I love mine. The detachable pipe rest is a nice touch, isn't it? The beard seems to be coming back quite nicely too! Enjoy the ever loving heck out of them! :clap:
Bradley, that's not a pipe, brother. That's a war club! 8O I'm not sure, but that might be the largest pipe you've shown...maybe...

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks guys! I'm very happy with my purchase. George might have been happier than I was as he was all smiles and shaking my hand. I ended up buying several more things from him just cause he's such a nice guy and it's really hard not to buy from him. So, if you're ever in Raleigh, Pipes By George is the place to go!
I was waiting for these photos! :clap: Such a fantastic (I did that on accident) pipe! And I love the Northwest Gentlemen pipe roll. Tim Love does fantastic work, and I'm sure you'll love yours as well as I love mine. The detachable pipe rest is a nice touch, isn't it? The beard seems to be coming back quite nicely too! Enjoy the ever loving heck out of them! :clap:
Yeah, all of it is fantastic! I love the roll, pipe and after a big bowlful of it, HotW! The roll just adds a nice touch to my pipes and accouterments. I wanted the mat, but he was all out of the large mats that matched. Of course, I could just do what I always do and get a different one that doesn't match. I'm almost as famous for not matching as I am matching! :rofl:
The beard is doing very well. It's coming in nicely. I'm on a bout a month of growth so far and have started using my beard oil again for softening. Mine can be pretty course.
Damn Brad, I believe that's what the Irish call a shillelagh! All day smoke? Try all week smoke! Holy cow! Reminds of that scene in Crocodile Dundee, but for pipes. "That's not a pipe.....now that's a pipe!"

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
carolina, love panels and the pipe.

brad, what a beautiful and super large pipes. You sure do have an eye for pipes!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Salted!
Thanks Mark! So far so good! She smokes like a dream! I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait until it really gets broken in, although, even the first smoke was really nice. Here's to many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.