PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hey everybody.
Well as I've mentioned before, I'm in my first year of Graduate School at Roosevelt University's Chicago College for Performing Arts getting my Master's in Percussion Performance. I'm playing Vibraphone in the Swing Combo here, which is directed by Paul Wertico! He was the drummer with the Pat Metheny Group if you aren't familiar with him. Also, my vibraphone instructor is Ed Harrison, who is currently the Timpanist for the Lyric Opera. Suffice to say I am very happy with what's going on at school. The steel band I'm in is also going very well lately, and we are planning our first Pan Festival for the Great Lakes area for this coming April. We have been contacted by a group from Canada, so our first festival is now an international festival! Very cool for us.
Anyway, in the past, anytime I've talked about playing, people have asked for me to post up when/where I have shows. I am still working on a personal website, but I did launch a musician facebook page. If you are interested feel free to check it out.
Edit: Removed link, L.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Man that sounds like a really cool graduate program. Chicago alone is an amazing town. I wish I was closer so I could come see one of your shows.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Wow! That's impressive! I have a 2 year music degree. My music was banned in Waco, Texas for a while. Shows the difference in quality of education there! Actually, my bass teacher is the son of country fiddle legend Johnny Gimble. Don't know of he will claim me if you ask him though. Teaching me in rock ensemble ended him up with bypass surgery.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
So turns out my link was misplaced, thanks, Lawrence, for letting me know the proper location!
If you are interested in following things, you can find a link to my FB page (this is a musician page, not a personal account) you can find it in my PM.com profile here.
Thanks!

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
Probably hard to smoke a pipe playing drums. Will check out your FB page.

Chicago has a lot of music. I get there a few times a year for Grammy meetings. The Chapter office is there.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Roosevelt is in a great area. All the big festivals happen right outside your door and you are just down the street from Iwan R. Fall is particularly great here.

Status
Not open for further replies.