PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

railman

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2019
I picked up a pipe from Alexander Hasty at the Columbus show, he has some great talent and crafts a fine pipe for a reasonable price, and that looks like a stellar piece you got!

Reactions: shanez

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
curious about that La Brumeuse. read that it is similar to smoking a cigar.

This will be my first try of it (and the Escudo). I love their Le Petit Robin and I've been wanting to give this and the Resrve du Patron a try.

Looks like you have some pipe maintenance stuff in there too, nice!

I'm hoping the Briar-Fresh works better than 151 especially with the price difference. The Haze-Away and Shine-Brite are for comparison to all of the other stuff commonly used to remove oxidation/clean up stems. Basically it's all an experiment of more expensive, purpose made vs homegrown methods. Plus I need to get that free shipping!

I picked up a pipe from Alexander Hasty at the Columbus show, he has some great talent and crafts a fine pipe for a reasonable price, and that looks like a stellar piece you got!

He had some nice pipes at the show. One of them I liked more than the one I got but it had already been sold and that was only about halfway through the first day of the show. Nice guy to talk to too.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Beautiful pipe and a very nice haul. Interested to try that Sutliff Sweet VA. I have a little bottle of the briar fresh and I think it works pretty well. Seems to freshen up a funky pipe along with some pipe cleaners and elbow grease. Not sure it's a lot better than high-proof liquor, but when I bought it, I didn't want any liquor around me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love that Belgium burley variant, a single-leaf that tastes like a sophisticated blend to me. Not to mention, that is a beautiful pipe indeed.

Reactions: danimalia

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
Yes, a great looking pipe. I saw it at Alex's table, but walked away with one of the finished gems (I applaud your patience). Mine smokes like a dream, I hope yours does as well. You'll have to let us know what you break it in with.

Reactions: litup and shanez

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Very nice haul! I am interested in knowing more about the cleaning products, are the worth it? Enjoy the pipe, I am sure it's a great smoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.