PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Stogies Cigar Lounge... in California no less! The crowd is usually a 50/50 mix of cigar/cigarette smokers. I'm always the lonely piper.

image51-600x450.jpg

image52-600x450.jpg

image54-600x450.jpg

image56-600x450.jpg

image57-600x450.jpg

image58-600x450.jpg

image59-600x450.jpg

iliumneves

Lurker
Feb 10, 2014
Very nice place. I would love to find a place to have a beer and smoke in northern Oregon or southern Washington. If anyone knows of one, let me in on it.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Central Valley. About an hour south of Sacramento, about an hour east of SF. Visit my hometown in OC every couple months though. That's about 20 minutes from the SoCal beaches.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Do they have good local microbrews on tap? I'm thinking some of the Russian River sours would be real interesting to drink with a good smoke.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Not really. Taps are pretty generic. Have a decent bottle selection though. Places that pour Russian River are few and far between in my experience.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
They also have wines and ports and some funky 40 proof vodka/tequila thingies. No hards.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
It looks like a nice place.

Is it a club or open to the public?
The bars in Houston are all no smoking, except for if they have an outside deck.
I belong to a club where we enjoy live music and brown water and smoke. The inside of it is still under construction, so all activities have been outside, outside on a very nice deck. I have no idea what the rules will be when the inside is finished. The club is not in the city of Houston and it is a membership thing, so maybe what we've been doing out on the deck will carryover into the building.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I have a local cigar bar a couple blocks away that I stop into every now and then, and I am the only pipe smoker there if I take my pipe. I smoke cigars as well so usually I just go there to help stink up the joint with a $10+ cigar.
Oddly, @eightywon, your cigar bar looks very similar to the one I go to, except the one down the street doesn't have a pool table ... which is a shame.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Open to the public. No membership required. I think I even saw an 18 year old allowed to purchase sticks from the humidor. Could be wrong though. I also think I overheard the owner saying it is one of three places like it in the state. Maybe the coast.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Nice! I wish there were more pipe oriented bars here but most cater to the cigar crowd. Of course, there are a few pipe smokers who frequent them too. One of the best is the Island Girl Cigar Bar. They have three locations offering somewhat different types of venues and bar choices. If anyone is ever in Northeast Florida let me know and I'll meet you at one of them. All are great... the Ponte Vedra location if very classy and comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.