PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
p1010143-450x600.jpg

Since I started smoking a pipe my three little girls have become very fond of it. They gravitate to me when I'm smoking and love to be near me. Funny part is they want to smell my tobaccos in the tin and always go "Mmm. That smells good!" My littlest one (2 years old) when she is asked what her daddy does for a living will tell you, "My daddy smoke a piiiiiipe." I just thought I'd share this with you guys because my girls make me swell with pride and give me the feeling that I am doing something right. Fatherhood is a heck of a ride and sometimes I wonder if I'm doing it correctly. This is a picture of them that was taken for our Christmas card this year and my wife made the shirts because they are just that, joy. Post your joy up if you are inclined. Merry Christmas.

Jul 15, 2011
My sister smokes cigs, and when my 11 year old nephew is around, she always smokes outside. When he comes to Grandma and Grandpas house, where I moved to recently (my parents), I am usually smoking an aromatic, and he said to me one day, "Uncle Erics pipe smells WAY better than those things that mommy smokes." I had a hearty laugh at this, and then he asked me, "Why doesn't Mommy have a pipe?" I told him, "Your Mommy smokes those cigarettes because she HAS to. I smoke my pipe because I WANT to." Being 11, he doesn't understand the difference yet, but I hope that he will some day.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Love the picture! My first reaction to the title was expecting to see a picture of your wife, but daughters are a good second.
Winton

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
Very nice looking daughters,i have 2 myself ages 11 and 5 they both like smelling my aros when i have them fired up in the basement.

mano

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2011
Adorable kids, dhizzy.
Fatherhood only changes your life 100%, but it's worth it.
Happy holidays to you and yours.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
And proud you should be, those are some beautiful little girls you have there.
My daughter, more than my sons, does just what yours do. She loves smelling the different tobaccos. My boys at this age, I think, are just more absorbed into what games they have in their game systems. They show some interest from time to time.
Being a parent, I often wonder if I'm doing the right things as well. It's the hardest job I've ever had, but I'm proud of my kids. And warping them to some degree is just part of the fun, lol.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
That's great dhizzy - thanks so much for sharing. I have a 22 month old and an 8 week old. My 22 month old hangs out with me on the deck when I smoke my pipe. She isn't interested at all yet but I hope as she gets older some of that will be the case; not cause I want either of them to take up pipe smoking but that the pipe will arouse some fond memories of dad smoking while they were growing up :)

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks guys, there aren't many things I boast about but my girls are one, well three reasons!
expecting to see a picture of your wife, but daughters are a good second.
Actually, they are third, my wife second and My my Saviour Jesus Christ first.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Cute girls. I have 3 myself, but they are just a bit older- 29, 27, and 25.
Hmm it doesn't like Flickr links, I see. Ah well.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
That is a cute christmas picture. Is't fatherhood fun, wish there was a manual for child raising.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Excellent Bible passage Phillip. Thanks man. Iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17.
And winton, if I were to create a thread about my wife it would probably be titled "MY BOSS" :rofl:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Is't fatherhood fun, wish there was a manual for child raising.
The best you could hope for is a general guide as to what you can expect at certain ages in behavior, physical development, and so on. Some of the books written by good pediatricians can help you out I seem to remember we had books by both Drs. Barry Brazleton and Benjamin Spock around. (Whether or not you agree with Spock's theories of child rearing, he can be quite useful with general tips and so on.) But they're all so different on everything, there's no hard and fast rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.