PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Yesterday was my wife and I's 47th anniversary. To control and contain my PAD and TAD; my wife and I reached a mutually satisfying understanding. Since my PAD/TAD had gotten a little unraveled in past years, she told me that as long as she approved any and all pipe related purchases first; she wouldn't cut my balls off.

Since I would like to keep my balls for a few more years I agreed to her terms. There have been times in the past two years when I really had to think if my balls were really all that important. Nonetheless I have abided by her terms.
So it was a huge shock yesterday when she presented me with a beautifully wrapped box and said sweetly, "Happy Anniversary. I was even more shocked when I opened the box and found 4 tins of John Cotton's Smyrna inside. Now I understood her line of questions three weeks ago. I was kind of surprised because we do talk about pipe smoking, her baking and her bathing suit choices, all of which I can assure you that I heartily approve of (back to the cut your balls off kind of thing again) I remember that the conversation was unusual in that she pressed me on details of WHAT I would like to smoke if I was allowed some TAD leeway. I told her about the Smyrna and I guess she latched on to that.

I will have a bowl tonight and of course even if it makes me puke my guts out and I DON'T like it; well it will be best thing since her last batch of homemade bread and latest swimsuit acquisition.

Which just goes to prove that I'm still the boss of the house. Sort. Of. Maybe. I will check with her and ask her.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nice! Happy anniversary. I have also recently been asked to compare the value of my balls to the value of my PAD/TAD. Like you, I chose to retain the former. And like you, my loving wife was willing to compromise and still allows the purchase of cheap estates on ebay for restoration projects. As long as I promised to sell some of them when they were finished. Of course, they will all require extensive testing, tweaking, and field trials.....
I am also the King of my Castle......with situational approval when the occasion warrants it....

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Happy B-day, shikano, in all respects! Old what's-her-name & I aren't quite that far along (-10), but fortunately for me she likes my pipes & I've never complained about her yarn & fabric. Good thing, too, since I've got a lovely new Sav Autograph on its way in the mail. :)
Bill

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Happy Anniversary! Here’s hoping that you get to keep your nutsack for a few more years.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well, of course, AK! After all, ethics requires that you can't sell somebody something unless it's right, right?!
That's right, Bill. An honest man would never sell someone a pipe without first making sure the Briar doesn't burn out after only 70 or 80 bowls.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
"A man must have money and a room of his own if he is to smoke some pipes." Virgina Woolf

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Congrats-4.png

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Happy Anniversary. Forty seven years...that's fantastic! :clap:
Enjoy the JC Smyrna. One of my favorites.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Happy Anniversary!

My wife would never cut off my balls.

She's more of a superglue your wanker to your thigh kind of girl.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Happy Anniversary! I once went searching for my balls in my wife's purse. I thought I had one until I realized it was an EOS egg shaped lip balm.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
47 years! Congrats, I'm about 36 years behind you.
Indeed, indeed. Many happy returns. I am 40 years behind this, and in awe of those who achieve such milestones, even if their jewels are in hock at times.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Happy anniversary to you both. I hope both of you keep all parts of your anatomy on into a happy golden age. The tone of your OP reminded me of the old line:
"No one tells me what to wear. I wear what ever I want. Honey, what do I want to wear?"
Nice tobacco gift!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks folks for the kind wishes. Another year on the married-odometer.

Jay - MSO yeah that is pretty much the truth. :wink:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Or the other classic T-Shirt, "I do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do."
E and I will have been together 22 years in October and married 19 in December.
Not bad, considering my first marriage was 7 months long!
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.