PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was finally on line looking at my email when I got an email from Trever about one of his Goblins being available. Too many times I was late to the party so actually seeing one not sold was a minor miracle. The pipe is an Apple shape which is a group 5 and weihs in at 60 grams. I am psyched to finally be able to smoke one of these, but will have to wait until after July 10th to smoke it and to give my review. My oldest daughter and I are going to Italy so I had Trever hold off on shipping it to me. Here are the pics of this bad boy.

unnamed%208_zps8ejkzf4l.jpg

unnamed_zpsetou3eya.jpg

unnamed%209_zpsunxbag3o.jpg

unnamed%203_zpsz84orbke.jpg

unnamed%205_zpst7ri32eu.jpg

unnamed%201_zpsrbfjbb0j.jpg

unnamed%202_zpspij133dh.jpg

unnamed%207_zpscfe9i4fi.jpg

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Great score! It reminds me of the sleestacks from "Land of the Lost"...... And that is a compliment. :clap:

I really dig that one, enjoy..... :D

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
That's a fine looking pipe. I love the Goblin line and that one is a great one in my opinion. It looks different but still looks like it will smoke well. Hope you enjoy it!

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I saw him post that one. I don't like ALL of his pipes, but I do love many of them. And I do appreciate his artistry on each and every pipe he creates. He's truly got his own unique flavor. If you're familiar with his work you can spot one of his pipes a mile away.
Great purchase!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Oh well, I check everyday and didn't today, at least it went to a good home, his Goblin is the only one of his pipes I don't have, enjoy it,

banjo

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice choice. Some of his Goblins are too far over the top for my taste, that one looks just right! Travel safe and enjoy on your return.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Wow!! Extracted from the mines of Mordor perchance?! (Or is it mines of Moria... I always get that confused!) Otherwise WOW again! Fascinating! Congrats!

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Nice grab. It's funny. I was online when I got a message that talberts email came in. In the few seconds between the pop up and clicking the link, that pipe was already sold. I think it was a new record. Have fun in Italy Harris. Where are you guys headed?

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Beautiful pipe. I've dreamed of one similar to add to my "green" collection for obvious reasons. Congratulations also on the fast fingers. Those things go really fast.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I am more than a wee bit delayed replying to this, but just wanted to drop in and say thanks! And also, thanks to everyone else for all the kind words. I just finished another Goblin yesterday and got the reminder that it was getting near time to ship Harris's pipe now, which reminded me. Life has been more than a bit hectic here lately since my wife's elderly father fell and broke his arm in two places, on TOP of suffering from senile dementia, so... I'm definitely falling behind in my email replies and forum activities. All my working time at the moment has been devoted to *making* pipes, not writing about them. :puffy:

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Trever,

Sorry to hear about you wife's dad, I know what that is like when my wife's mom broke her foot and I found her outdoors with no jacket or gloves in the winter, her dementia prevented her remembering the spare key under the mailbox, it was one of those fortunate days I left early to come home and got her into bed and warmed her up with some soup then got her to the emergency room, hope your moms dad heals well.
Harris,

I now join you having just nabbed Trever's latest Goblin with a horn stem, an author shape, which I've really just fallen in love with, it has gills and my favorite a horn stem, cheers.

banjo
0b53562f4f1e5cb9e78c2d70dec8f478065e27d.jpeg

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
@fishnbanjo

Firstly, thanks for the business! We'll get it on the way tomorrow, though given the holiday weekend, I bet the PO won't get it to you till next week. Crossed fingers you get it Saturday!
Em's dad is in really odd shape. I don't know how else to describe it. He's lucid, he knows us by sight, he carries on conversations normally, and is doing all the recovery exercises they're giving him in the care home. Doctors say his arm is doing as well as could be expected for an 89 year old, and they've already moved him to a smaller cast setup. OTOH, he doesn't know what year it is, he doesn't know who's president, and for some reason he believes the recovery center is in New England (?) (We're in NC, FWIW). Occasionally he'll talk to someone who isn't there, and he believes there are cats wandering in and out of the rooms. It's all a bit surreal.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Trever,

From the experience with my mil, we were her care givers, except for the cats (she did see relatives past) you may have well described her including the age, no idea what day, month, president or year but knew she was in Maine mostly because she was with us, not an easy thing. I would always speak to her as she was lucid and 85% of the time she wasn't I figured when she was I didn't have to shift gears. She once told the nursing staff where she was the last 6 months prior to her passing from Cancer that I was her son, she had 3 daughters, at least I think it meant she really liked me. Warmest regards and best wishes to you and your wife.

banjo
p.s. No rush on mailing the pipe it's a holiday weekend enjoy your family I have plenty to smoke this was the one that completed everything you ever made (model wise) and currently offer.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Beautiful pipe Banjo. Trevor does excellent work and I would love to own a Goblin one day. I've got 2 Ligne Bretagne pipes and they are both finally crafted smoking machines!

Status
Not open for further replies.