PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
After a year of avoiding them I finally broke down and got a Peterson pipe with some Christmas gift money. I had read so many derogatory comments about them I was a little apprehensive. But I must say the pipe is beautiful with no noticble flaws (in my eyes anyway) and it smokes like a dream. I christened it with a bowl of Exotique and it was one of the coolest and driest smokes I have had. No sign of a gurgle throughout the bowl.
img_4867-600x419.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
From that silver P on the stem, I'd say you bumped up a few grades. I think issues with the higher grades is far less than the entry level pipes. That is a beauty.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Welcome aboard the Pete train! That is a nice looking pipe. All my Pete's smoke great. Take a bit to break in, but worth the effort.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dublin is a classic traditional shape, and Peterson does a commendable version with the wide band. I have a number of Petes and they're all good smokers. No problems.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Here's my premier Peterson, a POTY 2008:
yp08s-600x356.jpg

I love the feel of it in the hand and can stare endlessly at the grain. When I first got it, in flying ecstasy I removed it from the box and "sock" and stuck it in my mouth... and it was like sucking on a hardwood dowel rod! Here the stuff they used for bowl coating had lava-flowed over the air hole at the bottom of the bowl and completely sealed it. I worked it with tiny drill bits that I rotated with my fingers and some tiny dental files to get it operational. Strange thing is I have two other Petersons, a Kinsale and a Cork, both of which also had problems. The Kinsale's airway in the stem is tiny and compressed and won't easily pass a pipe-cleaner(understatement), and the Cork was drilled high and way off center. The 3 of them are great to look at and I really enjoy them for the visual and manual aesthetics but I don't smoke them too often. Just here lately when SPC was selling out a great new batch of amber-stemmed Pete's, I was sorely covetous of those beauties! And I've enjoyed several of the Peterson factory tour videos that have appeared online here and there! They've got a great heritage and tradition!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
That's a great looker in a classic shape. It should make a fine smoker.
Congrats.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Elegant looking Zulu! It is a Zulu right? Peterson 268 shape or something. I got one the same, but in the Donegal rocky finish. Lovely smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.