PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
After hearing so much about the Brigham System and their maple filters, I bought my first Brigham, a Voyageur shape #163, from Cup O' Joes.
1ibtp3.jpg

I have to say I'm impressed: the pipe smokes, as advertised, perfectly dry, and delivered a very enjoyable smoke, even the first bowl. And the price is right!
This is my first Brigham, but I have a feeling it won't be my last.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't acquired a Brigham yet, but I've only heard good things about them. I'm sure eventually I'll pick one up. Sounds like you've found a winner. It's a beauty, enjoy!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats on your new Brigham!
I smoked Brighams, with the filters, back in the early 90s and enjoyed them very much. I have had a few Brighams come in and out of my collection lately, but I haven't fired one up yet, as I'm still waiting on the right shape to come across the work bench. I'm glad it's smoking well for you. I for one love their size and weight. I particularly enjoy the girth of the stem at the stummel and the length of the stem.
Happy puffing!
-- Pat

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@4dot: There's the pic I asked for in the other thread; sorry forgot about this one. I really like that pipe, too.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Hey!! That's my pipe, oh, wait... :lol:
I have one just like and enjoy it very much!
Glad to hear you had a good experience with yours too!!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey there briarfriar. Brigham pipes are now factory pipes made in Italy to Brigham's specs.
http://www.brighampipes.com/Brigham%20System%20Pipes.htm
Cheers,
-- Pat
EDIT - Prior to that they were factory pipes made here in Toronto.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I love your one dot Brigham,4DS!
I have a two dot Brigham that is in my rotation and am anxiously awaiting another two dot refurb from our very own Pruss.
Stateside, the maple inserts are stupidly expensive, but essential to their claim to fame. The good news is that they lost a long, long time with proper care and maintenance.
Do not - repeat - do not smoke two bowls in a row on the same filter w/o rinsing and drying time. Pets, small adorable children, butterflys and the elderly will die on your watch if that happens.
Change filters and then set the spark.
Cheers,
Fnord

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
great looking pipe.. I have looked at Brigham for a long time now... I have never heard anything bad.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Almost pulled the trigger on a Brigham yesterday myself.
Can anyone tell me the difference between the single, double, and triple dot?

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I have the same pipe. Great to smoke and fits nicely in my hands. Brigham makes good pipes although i find they smoke alot better if the draught hole is opened to 5/32"

rockford

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 4, 2013
The dots are their grading system. One being the lowest. I have a newer one dot and a four dot Sportsman with the aluminum tenon. Both are good smokers and have a great feel. Filters are about 50 cents each, I have been rotating through 4 for about 6 months with regular cleaning. You can also smoke without the filter with no issues.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks for all the comments, guys. Looks like several of you have the same model I bought, and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it.
Fnord and nfisher, thanks for pointing out that filters should not be re-used without washing. I wasn't aware of that - I thought they could just be used until they turned completely dark. And, by the way, Cup O'Joes has the filters for $2.99 for an eight-pack. That's 38 cents per filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.