PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
It is an 80 mile round trip to my nearest B&M and they are more of a cigar dealer than pipe store so I do almost all of my shopping on line.

Here are the three I deal with most.
Marty Pulvers: http://www.pulverspriorbriar.com/index.html
Gary Malmberg: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/SECOND-HAND-SMOKES-Estate-Pipes__W0QQ_armrsZ1
And last but not least, Mel Feldman: http://www.thesmoker.com/

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
No, Peter. It's Emerson's in Chesapeake, Va. Ever since JR's banned trucks on their property on in the street by their property, I refuse to do business with them. I'm a retired truck driver.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
Ack! Sorry to hear that they'd do that. I'm halfway between Greensboro and Raleigh. There are a few places out this way that I'd recommend, but it sounds like they'd be even farther for you to drive.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Peter, the closest JR to me is Selma (I-95 and US70). That would be a 250 mile round trip.

Are you planning to get to the TAPS show? I'm going to try to make it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I've had great service from Outwest Tobacco in Pocatello, Idaho. They have a nice tobacco selection and are very helpful. What I like best of all is their policy of selling 1 oz. samples of popular bulk blends.
Most 1 oz samples are $2.25, some are more, plus shipping and handling. Go to a page of Bulk Tobacco and select the 1 oz sample in the drop down menu. Try several...

LOL: once, I ordered about 20 - 1 oz. samples! I felt kinda guilty about having them put together so many small baggies of tobacco. But they did it cheerfully, accurately, and quickly. Can't ask for too much more than that.

dillydallydan

Lurker
Feb 26, 2010
This was a great topic. I am always looking for sources of pipe stuff. We have one smoke shop within 50 miles of our place, and it's 20 miles away. So internet is good. Thanks again.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Dillydallydan:
Likely you're aware of a couple others But just in case....
I buy many types of tobacco in many forms and recently went on a "learn about pipes and pipe tobacco" bender. So I visited just about every online tobacco shop dozens of times.
For my money Pipes and Cigars (P&C) is the Cadillac. Amazing selection, and almost always best price.
And usually the only guys cheaper than P&C are Lil Brown Smoke Shack (LBSS) mentioned above. But of course the selection is not nearly as good.
I also really like the Smoking Pipes (SP) store and 4Noggins(4N).
SP has some stuff even P&C doesn't along with very good pricing. 4N is similar to P&C in pricing, has a very good selection and even carries the P&C Home and Hearth (HH) house blends. And 4N has the best selection of blending tobacco I've found.
So there ya go. Hopefully at least some of this will be helpful.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Surprised I haven't seen mention of Mars Cigars.
http://www.marscigars.com/
As far as bulk pipe tobaccos go, this is the first place I look. Anyone looking for nasal snuffs should be pleased at the selection too.
They have cheap shipping rates and I've never waited longer than 3 days for my order to arrive. A sample is usually included also.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yep you're right dudley. They belong on a "best of list" indeed. Slipped my mind. Thanks for throwing them in.
RJ

fireman

Lurker
May 22, 2010
What about EU E-tailers to get tobacco that we can not get in the US. Does anyone have a favorite?

Thanks Lance

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I support my local B&M as much as possible because I'm one of their regulars and they allow us to BYOB and play cards or just set around and BS while having a smoke. I haven’t stepped foot into a bar for a drink since they imposed the smoking ban here in the Cleveland area.
For blends and tins they don't have I'm going to start supporting those that support PM as long as they remain competitive and deliver good service.
When it comes to pipes besides the before mentioned, I like eBay, The Smoker LTD http://www.thesmoker.com, and J.M. Boswell & Son http://jmboswell.com/index.html.

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
This is A good thread for A newbie.
To make A long story very long, I have to echo Chuck on Marty Pulver. I triped over his site last mon night. I ordered two pipes on tue morning, Withen A couple hours he called me with questions. He told me he was leaving for Italy on wed so we needed to get it done today. After A couple more phone calls on tues everything was complete. On wed morning I got an email from one of thoes local mail box thinges, they sent me A tracking number, before I could use it, the pipes were at my home fri morning.The pipes were perfect, and note inside saying he hoped I enjoyed my pipes, this kind of service from A man going on vacation for A two pipe order with shiping totaling 162.00
I am going to book mark this page so I can check out all the places I don't about, you guys make some of them sound good.

Thanks

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Just For Him has some very good tobacco. They carry the Middle Earth Series. They have a number of other things too. Also do business with smokingpipes.com and 4noggins.com. All three places have very good customer service.

peace

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
Being from Canada, this is my favorite online store
www.walpertobacco.com
They don't have the widest selection, but it suits my needs.

I have yet to find a tobacco store worthy of the name in my area, that sells other pipe tobacco than Borkum Riff assortments and Sail Green. To wich I might add: yuck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.