PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
About a year ago I had a dream that I was in a big city. Downtown was on this big hill with tall buildings and alot of traffic. In the dream there was a pipe shop on top of the hill I wanted to visit. I made my way through traffic, parked on the side of the road and went in. I was very disappointed because there wasn't a big selection of pipes.
Last night I dreamt I was in the same city with a relative who has passed and we went to the same shop, only we came in the back way. This time the shop had a big selection of pipes. I remember trying to find the perfect pipe to no avail.
Now, the city seemed like it would be Jacksonville Florida as the relative was my grandfather, who also smoked a pipe and lived in Jacksonville. But, I don't see how because downtown Jacksonville isn't on a hill.
I have also dreamt I was in Nashville TN and I visited a Tinder Box that was on the 63 floor of a skyscraper. It was an awesome place.
So, any thoughts? Maybe it's my subconscious PAD.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
actually I had a similar dream a month or two ago...I was back in high school on a band trip near Seattle, we were on a hill and there was a large body of water ( not the sound) and for some reason we all swam across where on the other side there was a city center as well as a pipe shop I went in and it was filled with pipes I was looking for a Brebbia and was asking the store owners about them and for some reason there were no brebbia's so then I ended up getting something else and then I woke up.... :crazy:

It was one weird ass dream
Cheers

Gunnar

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I dream about buying pipes often, and inevitably once I do they break or I lose them. Odd.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
I once had a dream where I was on a hill with Salma Hayek. I woke up and threw away the sheets....

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.

J. R. R. TOLKIEN, New York Magazine, Nov. 20, 1978
All the other quotes I know are by Freud. Have you guys been experiencing any repressed sexual desires lately?

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
Now, I think your dream has juice:

Since you are a pipe smoker -like all of us- pipes are valuable to you, and, therefore, a pipe shop might symbolize a kind of heaven, paradise, dream place for you, a pleasant place to be, or a pleasant thing/goal to acquire/achieve. When you first went to the shop/tried to achieve your goal etc, you was disappointed because it wasn't viable (there was not a satisfying variety of pipes).

Now, when you revisited the place, you went 'in the back way' (tried another route, tried another way of achieving your goal etc), this time with a beloved person, and you achieved your goal, you found so many great pipes that you couldn't pick one over the other!

Trying to render it in a real-life context, it might be that you needed help to make a decision, or achieve something in life, and although you couldn't do so initially, a force -your relative, God, your own mind etc depending on your spiritual/religious views and your worldview- finally helped you find your way.

I'm not a psychologist, neither have I read related books.

I like symbols and I liked your dream.

Cheers

:puffpipe:

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Funny, I have not yet had a dream about pipe smoking or smoking general. In fact I have daydreams at work near the end of the day when I have already had 2-4 cigs and I hate the taste but there is no time for a pipe on my breaks. But by 2-4 hours before quitting time all I can do is think about pipe smoking when I get home. Once I have had two or three bowls I just feel right and at peace. It really is a nice feeling to have switched to smoking a pipe when I can and saying to cigarettes during the times I can. Since there are no real cigarette smokers I am sure I am pretty much alone in this but those daydreams can fairly powerful and I can just see myself puffing away on the from stoop of my apartment building as I watch the sunset or take in the night sky as I gaze at the star or two I can (the rest are washed out by the city lights).

Status
Not open for further replies.