PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
These trades/purchases that involve multiple pipes and/or tobacco are always so much fun. I had a weekend which involved 2 S. Bangs, 1 Kent Rasmussen, a tin of 1980's BS 759, and a half dozen bags of Penzance. I lit a pipe and gazed lovingly at my new acquisitions. You get that warm, satisfied feeling that says "damn, I did good". You, my friend, did good.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Did you slip him a roofie before you bent him over? lol
That is one heck of a trade, no matter how pricey those Pete's were. Give us a review on each pipe after you have smoked them, I will be very curious to read your thoughts on how your Pete's stacked up to the artisan made pipes. Congrats on a great haul.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
I just finished a bowl of SG Balkan Flake in the Cherepanov. Smokes like nothing I have ever smoked. A whole new experince.

Very cool and dry. Very nice draw and zero gurgling.

The pipe feels perfect in my hand and I can't stop looking at it. I can only describe the whole experience as luxurious.

We are not talking different ballpark here. We are talking different sport.
@Fnord, I only kept my military mount Petersons of which I have 5. All other Petes are gone. I had 12.

Of course I kept all of my father's pipes.
My collection will probably have a focus now. I used to get anything I fancied, now I think I'm going to concentrate in artisan pipes and military mounts/spigots for a while.
Cheers,
J

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bungee, isn't it amazing how different the artisan pipe smokes in comparison to a factory pipe? I try to describe the differences to people but sometimes words just don't do it. Glad to hear you love that pipe, I am looking forward to more reviews from you.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
@Cigrmaster, it is for sure a whole new, better and improved, experience.

These pipes are just perfect for an evening smoke, a glass of Armagnac and Oscar Peterson's Night Train.
Last night I did exactly that with the black Mustran and some Marlin Flake.

Just perfect once again. Very dry, no gurgling, the pipe stayed very cool and needed very few relights with properly dryed and folded flake. It was a long smoke, but not as cool as with the Cherepanov. The in-hand feel of the pipe's blast was very pleasant.
I will keep my military mounts and some Falcons for fishing/hunting/sailing and as travel pipes, but these are the ones I want to smoke when I'm in the mood for a long contemplative smoke.
I find that the distance between these pipes and factory pipes is almost the same one I found between factory pipes and cigarrettes when I first took to smoking pipes.

Maybe I'm exagerating a bit, but the difference is enormous.
Cheers,
J

Status
Not open for further replies.