PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

choch

Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
I wanted to share my modest but growing collection, which consists of several GBD's, BBB's, Bjarnes, Stanwells, and Peterson's, plus one or two each of Upton, Ben Wade, Knute, Chacom, Butz-Choquin, Barling, Aldo Velani and a few no-names. No Dunhills unfortunately, but maybe one day I'll be able to sneak one past The Wife into my collection :lol:

I've bought a few of the pipes new, but the majority are estate pipes that I've bought and cleaned up over the years. They're all good smokers, and I smoke all of them, though some more than others (my vintage GBD's & BBB's are really great smokers). I plan to add a Savinelli Bing's Favorite, and maybe a Prince of some brand in the near future.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers,
Craig

fnord

Preferred Member
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
You're a man after my own heart, Chooch. It's obvious you appreciate a classic cocktail as well as a good pipe and cigar. Great looking display, pard.
I still haven't found a pipe tobacco yet that complements a dryer than sand vodka gimlet served straight up and colder than a wh*re's heart.

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Tell your wife that if you get a Dunhill it will increase in value and it is an investment, maybe she will believe you. Nice looking collection you have going there, I also love picking up estate pieces.

choch

Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Thanks for the kind words Gents.
Fnord- Indeed I do enjoy a good cocktail! I sell wine & spirits for a living, and I'm a cocktail geek who collects vintage cocktail shakers, glasses and other related goods.
Cigrmaster-I've tried that argument. She's not buying it!! :twisted:

gnatjulio

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2012
Nice setup. I'm confined to the basement for the moment, so i don't think ill be setting up like that anytime soon.

bigvan

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2011
Personally I don't think that Dunhills are the "be all, end all" of pipes, but a White Spot really WOULD look great amid all that cool cocktail gear.