PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well since it seems like the thing to do right now I thought I would show off my bunch. Here goes!
We'll start with the latest addition. This is a Brigham Bulldog (and I hope I didn't fight any of the other Brigham dudes here for it.) with the dot pattern of a VIP grade (the highest in the 60's which is when I'd guess this one is from). It's a fantastic smoker with some beautiful bird's eye.
bullbrigham.jpg

bullbrigham2.jpg

bullbrigham3.jpg

bullbrigham4.jpg

Now for the family shots. This first rack is all Brighams except for the Trypis at the far left of it.
collection.jpg

collection2.jpg

This rack is where the weirdos live. Haha except for the one Brigham on there which was the first pipe I bought. From left to right these are a 'Television' prince churchwarden made in Italy, a Kaywoodie churchwarden, a Grabow freehand that I rusticated and restained black, my first Brigham, a MM MacArthur, a little bitty bent GOC, and on the top is an Allwetter German hunter pipe.
collection3.jpg

This rack is home to a Peterson Meer 106 with a tremendous bowl, and next to it is a bent Paradis apple. In the foreground is a big old no-name bent rhodesian that looks an awful lot like a Custombilt that was decided to be a basket pipe for some reason.
collection4.jpg

On the other side we have a french Jeantet Oom Paul, and a Royal Dutch squat, stubby, and sandblasted tomato which is a great little smoker.
collection5.jpg

This rack holds (from left to right) a Royal Falcon billiard that is a great flake pipe, a Peter Kent by La Torre, a GBD zulu from the 50's, a Capri pot, a Georg Jensen tomato/horn lookin' thing, and a Mastercraft bent bulldog that is another great little flake pipe.
collection6.jpg

And there we have it! After just counting and realizing that there are 30 pipes in my collection I wonder how it got so large. Oh it was also my one year pipe smoking anniversary not too long ago so happy pipeday to me. :puffy:

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Thank you. Thank you.
Hah I do love my collection as well. The only thing is that I don't think I have enough Brighams. One day I swear I'll be the Uncle Arthur of Brighams. :rofl:

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Very nice collection there ich; it's pushing me over the edge on adding a Brigham to my own collection. Isn't it wonderful how much time we lavish these little hunks of wood? :clap:

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Yes, always need to buy more Brighams, one can never have enough! Sadly, my wife doesn't agree, and wants me to concentrate on finishing my ongoing restos before I can buy more.
Is that a Meer squashed-tomato broken down and hiding on the "Randoms" rack (3rd pic)?

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Romeo I can guarantee that you wouldn't be disappointed. Tough to match the quality for the price.
Schmitz, it is. Unfortunately it needs a new mortise and tenon attachment but otherwise it's a pretty nice looking african meer.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I agree with Romeo...I'm starting to look at Brighams more closely thanks to Ichbin's posts. That's a nice looking bulldog. Love all the birdseye.

frank

Lurker
Oct 17, 2011
Man, I've been searching high and low for a Kaywoodie churchwarden, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. If you ever decide to sell yours, I'll be first in line!

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
A very nice collection you have built up there! 30 pipes in a year means, on average, more than 3 new pipes a month! :) An example to us all

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
Wow, tremendous collection, great job. Very inspiring to me to collect many more!

latakiaowl

Lurker
Dec 5, 2011
WOw it took me more or less 30 years to gather a collection of about 80 pipes......and I thougth I was a compulsive buyer :))

Happy pipeday!

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
/takes a bow
Thank you sirs.
Haha it's crazy but the collection galloped up to 40-some since then with some great new additions. Luckily for me I have a shrewd eye (and a cheap mind) and I don't think I've put more than a few hundred dollars in to this collection of mine.

Unfortunately Frank that Kaywoodie was given to me by my lovely mum one Christmas so I don't think I'll be giving it up too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.