PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Very nice! I happen to also like the leather stand with the AE quote. May I ask where you had gotten it?
I got it from thebackyshop.co.uk they are a reputable Tobacconists in UK.. they ship worldwide.. and you can have a VAT return as well

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Every pipe smoker needs a 999!
That is a nice pipe, and a good collection. I have a Grafton 999 that I keep going back to, no matter how many other pipes I have. There is just something about that shape, and it's a great smoking pipe.
Aye, true
And yes, guys.. the Rhodesian shape has something about it.. quite magical

Dec 28, 2015
Well thanks a lot for posting the pic of that 999 Ahmad. Now I am having to fight the urge to purchase the St Patrick's day 2016 version. I fear I am going to lose that fight.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Excellent start, and an excellent Rhodesian. Could never never quite get into the Rhodesian shape--a had a sandblasted Drac for a short while--but you have a great beginners collection. You'll love Peterson. I'm prejudiced toward them, most of my collection is Peterson, and a few Nordings. But Peterson makes a great pipe. I was lucky enough to pick up a Drac 107 recently; now I have three of them. Ditto on the Irish Harps. Every collection should have at least one.

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Excellent start, and an excellent Rhodesian. Could never never quite get into the Rhodesian shape--a had a sandblasted Drac for a short while--but you have a great beginners collection. You'll love Peterson. I'm prejudiced toward them, most of my collection is Peterson, and a few Nordings. But Peterson makes a great pipe. I was lucky enough to pick up a Drac 107 recently; now I have three of them. Ditto on the Irish Harps. Every collection should have at least one.
Indeed.. I think I am in love with Peterson as well.. I plan to get another two when I save up for them, an ebony tankard and an Atlantic Billiard

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Well thanks a lot for posting the pic of that 999 Ahmad. Now I am having to fight the urge to purchase the St Patrick's day 2016 version. I fear I am going to lose that fight.
Hahaha.. don't fight... let is slip through..

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Very aesthetically pleasing pipe... How does she smoke?...
Btw... That extra Falcon bowl doesn't count as an extra pipe! Looks like you'll have to buy another one to reach 5. Wink, wink...

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Very aesthetically pleasing pipe... How does she smoke?...
Btw... That extra Falcon bowl doesn't count as an extra pipe! Looks like you'll have to buy another one to reach 5. Wink, wink...
Haha, and I thought I'd get away with the 5 count. Well, till I get my next pipe, probably another Peterson It'll have to do
And she smokes like heaven.. broke it in with just two smokes, both pleasant and clean...it rarely gets hot and mostly comfy to clinch with your teeth.
Lovely piece of work

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
A small update on this, I broke it in successfully, which was a breeze to do. And haven't dedicated to any type of tobacco. I just left it for my Favourites, whether they are English, or Aromatics. And I had a few smokes in it and it is quite lovely.. In all aspects. Packing, lighting and clinching, it rarely gets hot and cleaning it is a breeze. A lot of people said Peterson's don't get disassembled easily but this one just does

Status
Not open for further replies.