My bride did very well by me this Christmas.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
The picture doesn't do it justice, but my darling bride got me a gorgeous Kinsale XL26 for Christmas. This pipe is my first P-lip, so that should be interesting. The bowl in this thing is also enormous -- very deep. I consider this to be perhaps THE classic Peteson shape, so I am very pleased to add it to my rack. The brass and nickel band where the shank meets the stem is quite smart -- fit and finish on this pipe are excellent.
Christmaspipe_zpsecc8a0c9.jpg

(If you want a GOOD photo of a similar pipe (although the birdseye on mine is better :) follow the LINK)
In addition, you can see she got me some Old Dublin -- another classic and a light English I like a lot -- AND Fusilier's Ration, which was at the very top of my TAD list.
There were plenty of other nifty presents (a Kindle Paperwhite chief among them)and she an the boys enjoyed their gifts, too. Wonderful Christmas service last night followed by a tasty Noche Buena feast, followed by a bounteous brunch at the in-laws this morning. Later, Chinese food -- yup, we do THAT.
Tonight: A glass of my new bourbon, in my new crystal tumbler, while I read my new Kindle and smoke my new tobacco in my new pipe.
And you know what? All of that pales in comparison to the simple blessings of my family, my Savior, this season. I pray all of you here enjoy as blessed, peaceful, restful and joyful week as I am having, however you celebrate it, whomever you pray to.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Fusiliers is a great tobacco! My Peterson Meerschaum has a P-Lip and I found that I really like it! It does what it's supposed to do.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That is a fine looking pipe! Congrats.
Tonight: A glass of my new bourbon, in my new crystal tumbler, while I read my new Kindle and smoke my new tobacco in my new pipe.
Jealous!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Just a note to say the pipe turns out to be a VERY good smoker and I was right about the chamber size. Fully 90(!) minute smoke with FMOTT, three re-lights in total.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Very nice!
I used to have a Peterson in that shape and I wish I had never gotten rid of it. Wasn't very jaw friendly when clenching but a great smoker nonetheless. I hope yours serves you well. Enjoy it!

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Excellent choice. I have the XL15 and XL12 and they are enormous bowls to be sure. Mine are excellent smokers too. Sounds like you made out like a bandit.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Hmmm...yes, that is a nice pipe indeed.
::tents fingers::
You may keep the wife until next Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.