PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Hey all, so i was in Boston last weekend for business (in the navy haha) and made a point of stopping in at the famed L.J.Peretti...and boy was i not dissapointed in the least.
Day 1: saw me go in all a fluster, it wasn't busy however, but before i knew it i was holding a brand new Peretti bent bulldog and asking for a whack load of fine house blend tobacco. I came out with 8oz of Tashkent, and 1 oz each of Royal, Century and Oxford Flake...i was planning on getting more but after talking to the fine gentleman behind the counter about shipping to Canada i left it at that. I was in and out in what could have only been 15 minutes. I completly regret not spending more time for a sample bowl or two, but i was with company. When i got back to the ship i had a quick bowl of Century to celebrate and after a cup of tea i hit my rack.
Day 2: After a sleepless night, thinking about all the delicious tobacco in my boot box (probably mostly due to the late cup of tea though), i decided to head back into town. I found myself inexplicably drawn to Peretti's again...funny eh? I guess i hadn't saitiated my appitite for TAD, as i walked out with another blend, this time some London Flake.
I am very excited to try all of my new Peretti blends (5 in total) and will try to do a mini review on them all in time. I'm going to jar them when i get home and will most definately put an order in once i find my favourites.
Just thought i would share and see if anyone had any opinions on the aforementioned tobacco's?

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Glad you had a great trip, and some new tobac to try out. I haven't been to Beantown in a few years, but when I get there, I'll be sure to visit Peretti's.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I visit Boston four or fives times each year, and an 8 oz paint can from Peretti's is alway part of each trip. Enjoy your new tobacco and pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I grew up 5 miles from Peretti's and used to go there with my dad, loved the smells in there as a kid. It is a Boston institution and when I got into pipes I tried a few of their blends. I do have a Peretti pipe that is a great smoker, I am sure you will enjoy yours. Sounds like you got some nice stuff, hope you enjoy them all.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Glad you had good time at Peretti's Alex. I hope you have a similar experience Peck.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I visited Peretti's :worship: this spring and was there for 2 1/2 hours, sampling assorted tobacco with the owner. Left with some Tashkent (everyone seems to get Tashkent when they go there) and a couple others to sample. Also purchased a very nice Canadian pipe. I had a great time with the guys that worked there and it was pretty amazing all that they have in that place. I hope to visit Boston again, so I can to there once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.