Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex87

Jul 30, 2012
Hey all, so i was in Boston last weekend for business (in the navy haha) and made a point of stopping in at the famed L.J.Peretti...and boy was i not dissapointed in the least.
Day 1: saw me go in all a fluster, it wasn't busy however, but before i knew it i was holding a brand new Peretti bent bulldog and asking for a whack load of fine house blend tobacco. I came out with 8oz of Tashkent, and 1 oz each of Royal, Century and Oxford Flake...i was planning on getting more but after talking to the fine gentleman behind the counter about shipping to Canada i left it at that. I was in and out in what could have only been 15 minutes. I completly regret not spending more time for a sample bowl or two, but i was with company. When i got back to the ship i had a quick bowl of Century to celebrate and after a cup of tea i hit my rack.
Day 2: After a sleepless night, thinking about all the delicious tobacco in my boot box (probably mostly due to the late cup of tea though), i decided to head back into town. I found myself inexplicably drawn to Peretti's again...funny eh? I guess i hadn't saitiated my appitite for TAD, as i walked out with another blend, this time some London Flake.
I am very excited to try all of my new Peretti blends (5 in total) and will try to do a mini review on them all in time. I'm going to jar them when i get home and will most definately put an order in once i find my favourites.
Just thought i would share and see if anyone had any opinions on the aforementioned tobacco's?

werdna

Jun 6, 2013
Glad you had a great trip, and some new tobac to try out. I haven't been to Beantown in a few years, but when I get there, I'll be sure to visit Peretti's.

bullbriar

Mar 6, 2013
I visit Boston four or fives times each year, and an 8 oz paint can from Peretti's is alway part of each trip. Enjoy your new tobacco and pipe.

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
I grew up 5 miles from Peretti's and used to go there with my dad, loved the smells in there as a kid. It is a Boston institution and when I got into pipes I tried a few of their blends. I do have a Peretti pipe that is a great smoker, I am sure you will enjoy yours. Sounds like you got some nice stuff, hope you enjoy them all.

easygoer

Jul 31, 2013
Glad you had good time at Peretti's Alex. I hope you have a similar experience Peck.

slownumbers39

Jul 29, 2012
I visited Peretti's :worship: this spring and was there for 2 1/2 hours, sampling assorted tobacco with the owner. Left with some Tashkent (everyone seems to get Tashkent when they go there) and a couple others to sample. Also purchased a very nice Canadian pipe. I had a great time with the guys that worked there and it was pretty amazing all that they have in that place. I hope to visit Boston again, so I can to there once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.