PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My family rocks and listened to my request for gift cards to my local B&M so I managed to pick up this Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson churchwarden that I've been looking at for several months. I was also able to pick up a Harvey walking stick that I just love the look and feel of. I'vebeen looking at tthese sticks since the first day I walked into the shop and was finally able to get one. Can't wait to hit the trails up at the trailer this week.
20130727_113733_zps3834b1ac.jpg

20130727_113857_zps38f647c9.jpg

20130727_114118_zpsea3d6698.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Nicely done Brian. I have an HCA pipe that's very similar. I tried the long stem once and then in the drawer it went. I discovered with that pipe that I'm not a churchwarden type of guy. The beauty of the HCA pipe though is that it comes with that smaller stem. Nicely done.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Dean, I have one other churchwarden that I love in particular around the campfire. I'll be taking it with me this week when I go up to break it in.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Happy Birthday. Which is longer, the walking stick or the stem on your churchwarden?

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
This forum needa a 'like' button. Happy Birthday dude, glad to see you got what you were asking for. Those are a couple of nice pieces. I use walking stick when I'm out on the trails along the river but it isn't fancy like that. I usually find some standing deadwood or fresh-fall deadwood and utilize something from that.

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Love the look of that churchwarden! I've my eye on one of those, too...
Happy belated birthday!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Brian
Happy Birthday.
I'm not a churchwarden kind of guy either, but if you are, enjoy that baby. And the walking stick.
So nice when your family listens to what you want and makes you happy.
Good for you

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the well wishes everyone I do like churchwardens so this is somethingkI've been eyeing for awhile. The added bonus of the regular length stem just made it an easier sell. I finally made it to the trailer and have been smoking the pipe in churchwarden form and it is amazing. Barely gets warm to the touch, wide open draw (by far the most open draw of any pipe I own and I'm loving it) and the stem barely feels like it's there. The walking stick is a simple dark walnut with all the knots in it, perfect for walking around with my wonky knee. Having a bowl around the campfire in salute of all you fine folk!

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Happy Birthday!
I like the pipe with the regular stem. Very nice shape on both the pipe and stem.
Happy smoking and happy hiking!

Status
Not open for further replies.