PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Hello all. I have only been at this hobby for a few weeks and I am loving it. I currently have a MeerQueen Billiard from Emin that has approx 20 bowls smoked out of it. I just today got a AND Meerschaum pipe in. I Have a Tekin Diamond series Meerschaum coming from the Meerschaumstore. First photo will be my current MeerQueen(which is just start to show some color really starting in the shank. The second picture will be of the AND Meerschaum(new) and the third picture will be the MeerQuuen Billiard and the AND Meerschaum side by side. My final picture will be the Tekin Diamond Series Meerschaum coming in.
IMG_0377.jpg.html

IMG_0378.jpg.html

IMG_0379.jpg.html

cl154.jpg.html

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Would like to see them, pictures aren't showing.
Photobucket is very easy to use for posting pics.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
http://s387.photobucket.com/user/pembroke3355/media/IMG_0377.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Nice. Looks like its been smoked 20 times, starting to brown on the stem.
When using photobucket, after you have uploaded the photo, click on the photo in "your library". When the photo pops up, just left click on the "image" link, very bottom of the four options. Then drop that link(left click) in your post and the photo will show.

Aug 14, 2012
If you are collecting meers consider the ones from Peterson. They are the best I have tried. They have wider air passages and a better connection between stem and shank. Also, though made in Turkey they are devoid of the fussy and overdone design which is characteristic of many of the Turkish pipes.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I wish I could say I knew what I was doing to get this color but truth be told besides smoking I don't have a clue. I am very happy so far. :D

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
masspiper said:

I wish I could say I knew what I was doing to get this color but truth be told besides smoking I don't have a clue.
Smoking it will do that with nothing else required. Guess it's a good thing you like it that way.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
i have 3 pipes from meerqueen - 2 with a nice draw but the third abysmally narrow stem so with tobacco in the bowl it draws like a plugged shank - so i smoke the other two - they do increase the diameter of the airway in the shank according to their site then ruined it with a narrow airway in the stem.

all 3 are beautifully carved - even the less expensive one which ironic but its draw is wide open - the narrow stem is a straight stem which offers no excuse for being so narrow an airway - the 2 with good draws give very good taste one latakia blend #5 & the other molto dolce.

Status
Not open for further replies.