PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Beautiful work Marty!

Pipe organs are vastly under-appreciated instruments.

I've pounded a few into submission over the years, I love them.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I finished it up today. Got some thin sheet felt at the craft store with adhesive backing.

$1.00 per sheet. One sheet did the bottom and had enough left over for the pipe holes.

P1030448.jpg

P1030449.jpg

P1030450.jpg

P1030451.jpg

I used a new piece of stainless steel in the bottom but decided to re-use the brass looking original piece in the top.

P1030452.jpg

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
as nice as it looks, i cringe every time someone refinishes a bit of history like that...

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
as nice as it looks, i cringe every time someone refinishes a bit of history like that... Yep, its just like old cars, the purist always hate the hot rodders, and customizers. And all the historians get shivers every time they watch HGTV and some home improvement show takes an old house and updates it from top to bottom..taking out the old claw foot tubs, gas stoves, etc.

Everything cannot stay the same in this world. I am a rather rebellious soul and I cringe at all the people who try and insist that things never change and that there is comfort only in tradition and keeping thing historically pure. Everything changes( well, except that little hole-in-the-wall home town I'm from back in Ky.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.