PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
The name of the pipe is " The Pendulum " I'm sorry no pictures yet. Adam will be posting some tonight. The over all shape is unique to say the least. It is 2 toned an very pointy just like a actual pendulum. It is very dark on the sides of the bowl an a beautiful light tone on the top. I let Adam know that the dark stain was over powering the lighter stain.
He said I could return it to him an he would lighten it. For Free! His motto 100% customer satisfaction. This pipe smokes terrific an feels good in my arthritic large hands. It has to be lite with matches a zippo can't get to the hole. Can't wait for you guys to see it. Thanks Adam! Keep em coming. James

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well sorry folks I guess he's not. I sure look like a idiot talking about a pipe no one can see. SORRY Mods if you wish you can delete.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Wait, its coming! Had the sky dump a bunch of snow on us and had to hit that as soon as I got off work. Uploding them right now!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Alright, this is pipe #21, The Horned Pendulum. It was honestly destined for the trash bin but scrooge convinced me to send it to him instead (thank you James for your continued support!). I am glad it smokes well at least. I was reluctant to post pictures because I am not happy with it at all, but did learn quite a bit. I try to strive to improve with each pipe, but this one set me back a bit. Here it is, from the fiery depths of hell! Prepare your eyes!

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I don't want to like it. The shape is to extreme and weird, well what would you do with that huge chunk of wood. But I do like it, I think it looks great! and your button and the orifice looks perfectly smooth. looks like great work.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
run of the mill pipes.
lol
May I ask why you were going to throw it away? It's a wild shape, but I dig it. Very cool. It can double as weapon whenever you're smoking in a dark alley.
Congrats Scrooge.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
I can understand your doubts, but this work is a well done experiment. I'd like to reach the same results when I attempt new shapes!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
That's exactly what my wife said Dave, she also said not to trip an fall with it or I'd be a goner its that sharp. I do love classical pipes, but also go for new works of art. Thanks fellas. An Thank You again Adam.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
The fact you were gonna trash it is a testament to your devotion to not only quality but total satisfaction all around. Good Show ClickerMan!
Er uh... I don't like it either Hahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
The button finesse is coming along great! Always look forward to seeing what you've come up with... rock on!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thanks Guys!
Problems with this one:
1. Delrin tenon is showing on top and bottom of stem.

2. The spalted tamarind stem insert developed a gap in the corners so it is not perfectly flush where it meets the briar. I am thinking that side pressure from filing the stem profile, must have push/indented that area in a bit.

3. The main outside surface of the pipe (the dark stained part), was riddle with pits that were too deep to sand out. I don't have a sandblaster setup and felt rustication would have just thrown the entire flow of the shape off. So I'm not happy with the finish. In hindsight I probably should have just stain it the all light color and let the pits show.
The delrin tenon issue has come up for me in the past and I need to start making notes on how deep it goes into the stem to try and prevent that. Short of cutting an integral tenon, I;m not sure how to prevent this when doing saddle type stemwork. However, I don't have a lathe, so integral tenons aren't an option for me at the moment.
Oh well, live and learn. scrooge is happy, so that is the main thing!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It's a weird shape, but I like it. I think it came out better than you think! I also like the built-in wind break for lighting outdoors. And in my opinion, pits are better than fills any day.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Beautiful pipe and, as Dave G already said, an alley smoking weapon!
Congrats Scrooge and clickklick. Enjoy!
Cheers,
J

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
I like it, unusual shape but at the same time it is quite good. I always am intrquied by your pipes click and in a good way. Congratulations scrooge!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
So glad to read this!
Can't wait to get to The Gremlin! Got a few more pipes to make before that one though!

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
The craftsmanship is great. No doubting that. However, I just can not get into it. Doesn't matter just as long as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.