PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I've just ordered some Warrior and Condor plug, I've been wanting to try them for awhile now. This and the upcoming Secret Santa got me to thinking this would make a good, current thread. What blends are at the top of your "must try list"? For myself it would be War Horse and Peterson's 3P's.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Are you meaning blends we recommend as "must try" or blends we hope to try ourselves? Most of what I want to try involves time. I'm fascinated by how things change over time. Most of these "good" tobaccos get better with age as is so with cigars, wine, all sin stuff pretty much. I, however, do not get better with age which is why, I suppose, I like things that do.
My #1 want to try is Smokers Haven Krumble Kake, I've been told more than a few times that I "have to try it it"... enough times that I've come to agree.
BS 759

Dunhill Elizabethan circa '1970's

Pretty much all the really good Virginia, VaPer, and Lat blends pre '80's

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
tobaccos get better with age as is so with cigars, wine, all sin stuff pretty much
Except prostitutes :nana:
As for my list of tobaccos I have to try that list is pretty short and includes mostly the older tobacco's that aren't around:

BS 759

BS Original Smoking Mixture

Pease Raven Wing

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Fitzy, I've forwarded a link to your post to the NARP, National Association of Retired Prostitutes. You can expect to be hearing from them ;)

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
fitzy, all I can say is GO REDS! Unfortunately, after selling some of their best players, the squad has yet to coalesce...

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Dave I'm really excited to have Jurgen Klopp with us now. I liked Brendan Rodgers the first year or two when they played a fast paced pressing game. Once they were dumb enough to dump Suarez and not purchase a suitable replacement they just couldn't keep that style going and they turned to crap. I think their transfer committee needs to be completely swapped out. Other than the purchase of Suarez and Coutinho the rest have been flops. You can't sell an all star striker and then purchase a bunch of nobodies hoping to hit the lottery. They needed to go out and purchase a world class replacement.
The biggest showing is salaries. Take a look at the salaries of the top 4 teams and you'll see why they are the top 4. They need to stop wasting money on transfers buy a few quality players and pay the salaries those players are require. There's nothing wrong with buying a few younger players in the hopes they will work out but you can't bet your team on it.
Klopp besides getting the best out of these players I think is also really good at spotting young talent. So hopefully we will have a lot fewer flops.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Letting Sterling go was also slightly crazy...one of the best young players I've seen. Doing very well at City...

OK folks...back to tobaccos. Two very good Va/Pers, Sillems 1695 and Former's Straight Grain.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
3P's is on mine. I guess the hard to obtain stuff is on my list. I wouldn't necessarily buy it all the time. Just would like to try the hype.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Fitzy Rogders lost the plot, Ings on the wing,and lunmping the ball up to Benteke....anyway back to tobacco and keeping the faith!

The new standard tobacco stuff,HH and Gl Pease,more from HU,I have a long way to go ha ha

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Peterson 3Ps as well

McClelland 2020 Matured Cake. I'm not a Latakia fan, but I do like the condimental amount in MacB Plumcake. Sounds like this blend uses a similarly small amount

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
3P is killer stuff. I think TobaccoPipes will send it to you for $10.08 including shipping. I just burned through my first 3P here and am missing it already.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I have a really long "must try" list currently because I"m trying to experiment and learn about more tobacco. My list in order is:

Cairo (to try a non-latakia oriental)

Gentleman Caller (to try some deertongue)

Escudo and Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake (to get a better feel for VaPers)

Nightcap (reputation)

Quiet Please (because I've heard it compared to Penzance and am curios)

Ole Shenandoa Bootleg (because I like the "dark fruit" descriptor)
Oh, and the different varieties of Frog Morton because I"m liking the base Frog Morton blend so much.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This whole forum is my "must try" list.
Misterlowercase sent a great package some time ago with some I'd been wanting to try, and I'm working my way through that.
...with a little stop on the way for some Savinellis. Tasty stuff, and they make what is by far my favorite Va/Per.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Now I've got to try that. How does it smoke? ;)
Really well. It just has a tendency to dry out really quick even in a sealed jar. Never experienced that before. Easy to rehydrate though and just blowing through the stem of a filled bowl will get it moist enough (oh boy). Fresh from the tin it's pretty amazing stuff. I love african VA, and this has a bunch. The dfk adds a sharp note that cuts through the tea like spice. Not sweet or too potent but full flavored and pretty rich. Can smoke a bit hot if you let it.

Status
Not open for further replies.