PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
At least we know Pease will deliver a better tobacco blend, than Disney delivering an actual Star Wars film. Yes Sir, time to get excited.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Pease comes across as a rugged individual, clones may not be his thing. Perhaps we could Enlist Disney on that tobacco project.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
He needs to hurry up and make things right after Vanilla Cream.....can't wait!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
That's hilarious jon11. Dark Lord of the Latakia is experimetning with dark rum or molasses. May be a prequel to Sextant.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
He needs to hurry up and make things right after Vanilla Cream.....can't wait!
I know there are a few who don't like VC. I am not amongst them. I actually enjoy it quite a bit, so I don't see anything to make right. I will say, however, that most of the current projects in the barn are rather different from anything I've done to date, though a couple bear at least a bit of familial resemblance.
Happy New Year.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
most of the current projects in the barn are rather different from anything I've done to date, though a couple bear at least a bit of familial resemblance.
Here's hoping the "familiar resemblance" come in the form of a healthy dose of DFK :wink:
Looking forward to whatever you have brewing :)

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
How about a straight-up Oriental /Viginia blend. No Latakia, and no Perique.??? I am down for that, especially in a flake.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's what GLP does, so it's not a surprise that he is at work on something new. Once that comes out, he'll be working on something newer. So it goes. I wonder if anyone other than GLP has smoked all his blends. Some that never caught on big time sound at least worth trying.

nutcracker

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2015
I think I feel as if I missed out more on the GL Pease crawl than having the opportunity to try all of the blends. To follow along with others and learn would give me a much greater feeling of accomplishment. I do have a list of his blends to try that is larger than my monthly budget for pipe tobacco. So along with his and others, it will be some time before it gets done. There are several of the blends that I am highly interested in that seem to fly below the radar.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
I think I feel as if I missed out more on the GL Pease crawl than having the opportunity to try all of the blends.
It was a real blast for me, and I think for everyone who participated. And, I think it might happen again this year. At least I was asked if I'd be interested, and I said I would love to.
I wrote about it a little in my latest Spontaneous Combustion column in P&T.

Mar 1, 2014
Perdurabo:

At least we know Pease will deliver a better tobacco blend, than Disney delivering an actual Star Wars film. Yes Sir, time to get excited.
Given that Episode 7 is one of the best movies in the franchise this is a guaranteed hit!

And to top it off, I'm still hoping it's a Lakeland.

(Hoping, fingers and toes crossed, wearing clothes spun of fibers from four leaf clovers, tossing bags of pennies into the fountain.)

Don't hold back Mr. Pease, we need a new classic that will outshine Condor and Ennerdale. Ennerdale has probably been available for over a hundred years and it's still Gawith Hoggarth's most popular blend. If you do it right you only have to do it once, now lets see an aromatic for the ages!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"You mean something like Embarcadero?"
With as many pounds of your various blends sitting in my "cellar" as I do, don't know how I forgot about that one. Memo to my two remaining brain cells, think before posting. Pretty much what I am after right now, structure-wise, except I am currently liking a small batch blender's "yellow-centric" Virginia/Oriental ribbon with an Oriental rainbow that stays in the upper-range and not much in the "red-zone" and has been described as lacking "heavy bass notes." It is highly regarded but I like flake form blends. I guess a second blend Virginia/Oriental blend might be too much to hope for. I am not going to critique Embarcadero, other than to say, like Donovan, a "mellow-yellow" flake would be pretty cool, literally.

joshoowah

Lurker
Apr 17, 2014
Looks like a lot of Virginia in that little sample. ;)
Loved VC btw. It reminded me somewhat of TF's English Chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.