Mr. Brog

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vabriar

Oct 24, 2012
So I have a few "mid range" pipes and a couple "higher end" pipes in my arsenal but I am a sucker for trying out lower cost pipes. With my recent introduction to Mr. Brog pipes I dove into reading reviews. It seems that overall people are very impressed with them so I ordered one. A #52 Scoot full rustication should be delivered in the next couple of days. I have high hopes because its a good looking pipe and I want it to smoke well so I can justify ordering the #51 Amigo then #43 Kentucky then... Whats that you guys call it around here, PAD? :) Anyway anyone care to share their experience with Mr. Brog?

dervis

Preferred Member
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I have 4 currently. Always enjoy them, use them as my out of the house pipe. Have replaced my use of cobs. You will not be dissapointed.

nsfisher

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have 5 Brogs. That 52 Scoot will make you happy. I use the filter in mine. One of the few pipes I use a filter in. Here is a pic of em. The 52 Scoot is the second from last. As a matter of fact, I just finished filling the second one, #16 Churchwarden, with a mixture of Drum and Stonehaven.

skysail

Sep 16, 2012
I'm not sure what the model number is, but its the extra large one, rusticated

jchaplick

Preferred Member
May 8, 2011
I had a 51 amigo, It was a great pipe, I need another. Go buy it lol, I have a review here somewhere. I actually gave it to a friend who was shipping off to Iraq, he expressed interest in it so I gave it to him along with the rest of the tobacco in my truck. He loves it. I dont think I could have picked a better pipe to give him.

vinvin

Oct 1, 2012
I currently have a scoot rusticated and a no66, and a churchwarden coming in. I love the no66. Trying to get some issues fixed with the Scoot, but I'm sure once it's all done I will love it. Planning on getting an Amigo. They look awesome!

flmason

Preferred Member
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. I hope you have many years of enjoyment from it once you receive it.

Oct 1, 2012
Have the amigo 51, and I love it. Much bigger bowl than I expected, so sometimes have to do a half-fill, but smokes great every-time, you won't be disappointed!

jah76

Preferred Member
Jun 27, 2012
I second the Amigo. I tend to crave vanilla sometimes out of the blue. It's what I grab when I smoke MB's Vanilla Cream Flake.
It eats flakes.
I have been very happy with my Mr. Brog considering what I paid for it. The only thing I don't care for sometimes is the actual styling of the pipes (I think that's a result of the pear wood more then anything) and sometimes the stem feels "meh". But overall I have never regretted ordering one.

timely

Preferred Member
Jan 23, 2012
I have a Mr. Brog #69, also have a monster one that doesn't have a number on it, but as I recall is was an XOL Free Hand Style. They both smoke wonderfully.

johnnyxpipe

Aug 22, 2011
I have the Scoot, No 43 and No 51. The 43 looks much better in person than the site. I love the look of the 43 its amazing and they all smoke very well.

vabriar

Oct 24, 2012
My Scoot is here! Came in right on time and I have to mention that their customer service is great. I asked 2 questions via email and they responded quickly, shipped the pipe fast and threw in the pipe stand and tamper at no cost. If this pipe smokes well I will be ordering more.

hawk60ce

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2012
I just got a #66 of ebay which is one of his briar offerings. looks like a tall slim bowl and appears to be good for flakes. If it smokes good i will give an amigo a shot.

vabriar

Oct 24, 2012
Yesterday I finally got a chance to fire up the Scoot for the first time. I love this little pipe. It feels good in my hand and smoked great on the first smoke. It takes a couple of tries to get a pipe cleaner to the bowl but no big deal. It's a fuller feeling pipe in my hand with thicker walls compared to my other pipes which is a nice change for me. For the first smoke I tried some Boswell Christmas Cookie that I just got in. Anyway I'm not gong to ramble, the point is I'm very impressed.

taerin

Preferred Member
May 22, 2012
They seem like great deals, wish he made more fully bent ones with military mounts, that's what I like.

vinvin

Oct 1, 2012
@vabriar there was a crack in the stem but the people at mr.brog just sent me a new stem. all is good!