PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrog

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2011
Mr. Brog, the choice of woods you use are interesting. Pear, Oak! I am new to the pipe world but I only hear about briar. Are these woods common in the European market? Can you tell us more about these choices in wood?

Hi Buster, We appreciate your questions.

The history of Mr. Brog pipes goes back more then 50 years, and we have been serving mostly the Countries surrounding the Carpathian mountains, such as Ukraine, Poland and Slovakia.

While pipe smoking is extremely popular in these Countries, probably the highest percentage rate then any other place, financially we have been on the poor side of the line (maybe that's why we smoke so much, some stress relieve), so that forced us to go look for alternatives to Briar Wood.

While Briar Wood is still better then anything else out there, we put a lot of effort to bring you a quality alternative, we cut the trees only in special seasons of the year, and we have a special drying process of over 2 years before we do any carving.

While a Briar pipe might last a little longer, if you do the math and buy a few pear-woods for the same price as 1 Briar, together they will last even longer, and you will have a choice of pipes to show off on different occasions, and for yourself to enjoy as well.

Now about the smoke and taste itself, we happen to get great great feedback from our consumers about the smoke and taste of these woods, some would even prefer it over Briar, but you know as they say "Choice of Flavor and Smell cannot be disputed or dueled, since every body likes something else".

I will tell you this, we sell about 5,000 pipes a Month now, and 65% of them are not Briar, so I guess that gives you an idea what consumers here in Easters Europe think about it.

Puff Puff.

Mr Brog

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Some nice looking pipes here. Looking to buy my first pipe other than my corncob. This one looks particularly interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/Briar-Pipe-Maestro-Wood-Hand/dp/B005JZBR6M/ref=as_li_tf_cw?&linkCode=waf&tag=mrbrog00-20
What say you pipe smokers? I have never smoked a briar and I am a little unsure of buying sight unseen but this seems like a great deal (?)

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Mr. Brog, where do the oak wood pipes fall in to this order? Are they about the same quality as the pear wood? I really like the look of that oak vine no. 28.

mrbrog

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2011
Dhizzy wrote: where do the oak wood pipes fall in to this order? Are they about the same quality as the pear wood?

Well I actually think it's better then pearwood, I love the natural grains on it, and I also love the slghht taste that it adds.

Although you might have to be extra careful at the first few smoke, don't over-smoke it, and let it rest more between the first 3-4 smokes, but after that you can enjoy it for a very very long time.

dongreyface wrote: That churchwarden has really caught my eye.

Well, let it catch your hands now.

If seeing is believing, what is holding in your hands and feeling it all about?
PS: Check out our ebay store as well, we have weekly auctions on special products that are not regularly available, like this Tabor-Churchwarden Pipe # 16 with Hand Engraved with Floral Design

Check it out: Mr. Brog Ebay Store

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Mr. Brog,

I am excited to have discovered your collection. I have noticed a few pipes mention their use of a 9mm filter. The old army specifically mentions that the pipe amokes without it. Others like the vine no. 28 just say they have the filter. With any of your filtered pipes, how does smoking filterless work? As simple as throwing away the filter and never thinking about it again, or do you need some sort of converter to prevent damage to the pipe like savinelli's use?
Thanks,
--Anthony

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Everytime I look across this thread, I tend to switch a couple letters in my mind, so I see "Mr. BORG". And then I think "resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated." And I just find that funny because they are very atractive pipes that are cheap to get. I don't know, it makes sense in my mind.

mrbrog

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2011
undecagon wrote: With any of your filtered pipes, how does smoking filterless work? As simple as throwing away the filter and never thinking about it again, or do you need some sort of converter to prevent damage to the pipe like savinelli's use?

Hi,

Yes, it's as easy as "throwing it away and never thinking about it again", and yes that's true to all our 9mm pipes, I just didn't get around to adding that info yet.

You see, it's all about how you drill the pipe. Our pipes smoke great without the filter, it's just that it has the ability (place in stem) to use 'with' a filter in you prefer so.

Puff Puff

Mr. Brog

Oct 25, 2011
Ephrata
Darn the one my hubby wanted is not available :(
31bPgH7lOHL._SL210_.jpg

mrbrog

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2011
pipeninjamaster wrote: Darn the one my hubby wanted is not available [:(]

Hi, Thanks for making me aware that it's not available, I just spoke to Amazon, they said they lost their inventory on this one (is it really so good that somebody inside should take it?).

So I re-posted it from my inventory and it should be available in 15 minutes.

Although the ones in my inventory are the Red Mahogany finish.

Puff Puff

Mr. Brog

mrbrog

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2011
Hello fellow smokers!

Just in case you didn't notice, we're having continuous auctions on our ebay store.

Ebay.com/MrBrog

This pipe is a 37 Viking, with a Hand Engraved Floral Design, not something in our regular inventory, check it out.

Also, make sure to sign up to our Ebay store, so you get a message every time we post something. Mr. Brog Ebay Subscribe

$(KGrHqQOKp0E6YDy2WIhBOsfQFC)m!~~60_12.JPG

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Very interested in one of the pear pipes, they look fantastic, i just dont know... anyone have any experience at all so i can justify my college grocery money on a new pipe?

mrbrog

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2011
Hi All,
For the first time ever, we are having an auction on Ebay for a "Briar Pipe" starting at only $0.99
See here: Ebay.com/MrbBrog
Enjoy the bidding, and good luck on wining.

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Some nice looking pipes on there. But before I get too interested, I couldn't find anything on the site about shipping. Don't want to sound stupid, but do you ship worldwide? I assume you do, but want to double check.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Many of the pipes from ebay.ca have free shipping in Canada, not bad. The deal keeps getting sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.