PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Joel Coen (so far the credits don't include Ethan, so maybe Joel is directing solo this time) wrote the screenplay and will be directing his version of Macbeth...with Denzel Washington as Lord Macbeth and Frances McDormand as Lady Macbeth.
Mel Gibson is currently filming his sequel to The Passion of The Christ: Resurrection.
Mel will also be directing a remake of Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch. I'm not much into remakes, but I'm interested to see how this turns out.
Martin Scorsese has a few upcoming films that I'm especially looking forward to:
Rolling Thunder Review...his second Bob Dylan documentary, this time focusing on the Rolling Thunder years.
The Irishman...with Pacino, DeNiro, Pesci and Keitel. Based on the book by Charles Brandt alleged to be the true story of what really happened to Jimmy Hoffa.
Killers of the Flower Moon...with DiCaprio...about the murders of members of the Osage tribe in the 1920's.
Tarantino: in addition to the soon to be released Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, he's planning Kill Bill 3 and (oddly enough) a Star Trek movie...which I'm very curious about. It will either be the best Star Trek yet or the worst imo...no middle ground likely.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Wild Bunch is one of my all time favorites. I hope they cast it right.
Anything from Tarantino is usually entertaining. His westerns were great.

Hopefully the Hoffa remake will be a good one.

Reactions: rogers
Jan 8, 2013
Rambo: Last Blood. If it's anything like the last one, I expect it to be bloody awesome :mrgreen:

The new Terminator movie coming soon also. I don't recall the title of this one, but they bring back Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner.

As a lover of westerns, I'm looking forward to The Wild Bunch.

Top Gun sequel.... I just want to see another inverted dive with a middle finger. Classic!
It's funny, I usually rave about "they need to come up with something original and stop doing remakes!" But these are an exception to me.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
As a lover of westerns, I'm looking forward to The Wild Bunch.
+1 … Westerns are few and far between these days.
I’m eagerly awaiting Ford VS Ferrari, story of Carol Shelby and Ford wanting Dominice at LeMans. It’s on in Nov this yr,
That looks interesting. I'll have to remember to see that one:
American car designer Carroll Shelby and driver Ken Miles battle corporate interference, the laws of physics and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford and challenge Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2
Another one that looks good and is apparently already out:
The Highwaymen, with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson:
A pair of Texas Rangers come out of retirement to catch the infamous outlaws Bonnie and Clyde.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I’m eagerly awaiting Ford VS Ferrari, story of Carol Shelby and Ford wanting Dominice at LeMans. It’s on in Nov this yr,
Definitely!
Sadly, it looks like Scorsese, DeNiro and Pacino's best days are behind them, so I'm sure that I will be disappointed in The Irishman.
A couple of movies from books I've read are due in 2019:
The Art of Racing In the Rain (trailer looks good)

https://www.firstshowing.net/2019/first-trailer-for-dog-movie-the-art-of-racing-in-the-rain-adaptation/

The Goldfinch - trailer looks very promising

https://www.firstshowing.net/2019/first-full-trailer-for-the-goldfinch-adaptation-starring-ansel-elgort/

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
I myself would like to see "They Shall Not Grow Old." All about WWI. Looks fantastic and in HD and color. Has anyone seen this?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I bought They Shall Not Grow Old, it’s ok, sad that so many Sons died, you see the horrible trench conditions, rotten teeth on also many young men, some had never touched a firearm. But to their credit they made their Country proud, seems dumb to say that I guess, but the sterling character of the British shined thru. My wife’s great Uncle was in WWI , gassed m sent to England and his family presumed he was dead, he showed up in the fall 2 yrs after, wish I could have seen that reunion.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
planning Kill Bill 3
Huh-boy. Ohhhhkaaaaayyyy. Depending on casting & plot, may be worth a look.
Have to agree with Al -- these three legends (Pacino, DeNiro, Scorsese) have probably peaked, but unless they're just line-snorting basket cases anything they do is probably still worth considering. Scorsese is just an icon. If you ever get to see it, be sure to check out his "Bringing Out the Dead." Nic Cage as a burned-out Manhattan super-paramedic who's lost his mojo in a 4th-rate ambulance company. John Goodman, Tom Sizemore, Ving Rhames.... Black humor out the kazoo. One of my top 5 favorites, period.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
The Many Saints of Newark is a coming prequel series to Sopranos, depicting Tony Soprano's youth years.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8110232/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Terrintino's new movie is somehow wrapped around Sharron Tate, Roman Polanski and the Manson murders. Interesting script choice.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
If you ever get to see it, be sure to check out his "Bringing Out the Dead." Nic Cage as a burned-out Manhattan super-paramedic who's lost his mojo in a 4th-rate ambulance company. John Goodman, Tom Sizemore, Ving Rhames.... Black humor out the kazoo. One of my top 5 favorites, period.
Thanks for the reminder...somehow I never saw that one...I'll have to check it out.
Terrintino's new movie is somehow wrapped around Sharron Tate, Roman Polanski and the Manson murders. Interesting script choice.
Yes, the release coincides with the 50th anniversary of the infamous events.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tarantino: in addition to the soon to be released Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, he's planning Kill Bill 3 and (oddly enough) a Star Trek movie...which I'm very curious about. It will either be the best Star Trek yet or the worst imo...no middle ground likely.
oh, what they've done to my beloved Star Trek
TwkD81I.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
oh, what they've done to my beloved Star Trek
LOL ... I can just imagine the Tarantino cast now:
Kurt Russell as Capt. Kirk

Samuel L. Jackson as Spock

Steve Buscemi as Dr. McCoy

Tim Roth as Scotty

John Travolta as Chekov

Lucy Liu as Sulu

Pam Grier as Uhura

Michael Madsen as the Klingon Captain

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I can hear Spock now, "What does James T. Kirk look like". (hint, don't say what)
I forgot about The Many Saints of Newark, sounds promising!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I can hear Spock now, "What does James T. Kirk look like". (hint, don't say what)
What?
Now, THAT I would pay to see!!
Actually I'm guessing Madsen would be Tarantino's second choice for the Klingon Captain, because the obvious first choice is no longer with us.
If only he had done this a few years sooner he could have resurrected the Hollywood career of this guy (just as he did for Travolta with Pulp Fiction):
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004242/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Status
Not open for further replies.