PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I think maybe your mom's sister was well out of the uppermost reaches of aristocracy; hope that turned out well."
As it turned out my uncle (Earl) committed suicide (depression) in the 1970's and my aunt (Countess) committed suicide (MS) about ten years ago. Such is the way of things.
I agree with you that Charles should make way for William when the time comes. He is not so popular over here, his second wife even less so.
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A slightly disabled woman at my church always greeted me by saying I looked like Prince Charles, which offended me greatly because (of course) I thought I was better looking. Likely not, but it bruised my vanity. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles of your mom's sister and her husband; it sounds like a rough life, at least toward the end. People always see the real estate and furnishings of the upper classes, but don't observe the endless social ritual they are expected to sustain. I do admire the elegant suits the male royals wear, seemingly everywhere, unless they are in kilts or polo gear. The Italians, and to some degree the French, are snappy dressers, but for traditional men's suits, the Brits have 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.