PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
I suppose in my early stages I have gravitated to English blends quickly. I have some Vapers and orientals I am waiting to try but the wife wrapped all my stash and its under the tree lol. I guess its English blends for me until Christmas morning. So G.L. Pease and McClelland so far for me.

firehosen

Lurker
Dec 12, 2015
Frog Morton line is a very reliable go to for me. Nothing to blow your socks off as far as bold flavor, but its good flavor. Extremely dependable in my experience. No matter what phase I might be in, I can always turn to the Frog.

mvmadore

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2015
Northern NY
Frog Morton's Cellar

PS English Oriental Supreme

PS Proper English

D7485 by Peretti
These are my most pleasurable at this time. But there are so many to try and I want to try many of them.

Interesting there are so few duplicates here...tastes are so different...excellent...

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Still learning what I like, and what I will keep buying, but this is currently what I'll be keeping around.
Admiral's Choice Vanilla Cavendish

S.P.S. Breckinridge

S.P.S. Golden Age

Cornell & Diehl Five O'Clock Shadow

Hearth & Home Frenchy's Sunzabitches

Dunhill Nightcap

Ole Shenandoah Barrel No. 76

Admiral's Choice Black & Gold Cavendish
Oh and almost forgot. Hawke's Indian Moon.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
I always suggest Hearth and Home signature blends and Macbarren to people getting into it simply because that's what I started with!
Personally my first tobacco LOVES were;

Frog Morton

Dunhill early morning pipe

John bull

Escudo (I didnt like virginas when i was first starting out)

HH latakia flake
ObviouslY I went to latakia when starting out, Asside from the captain black I started with!!!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"I like Virginia/Perique blends with a fruity character. Brigham Acadian Blend, Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique,

Sutliff 125th Anniversar"
What Cortez said, + Deception Pass and Potlatch from Seattle Pipe Club, Newminster & PS Navy Flake, My B&M's "Tom's Blend ( toasted burly forward my current #1) and a number of smooth aromatics like PS Vanilla Creme, Nording Hunter Blend Labrador, Cult BRM,and others.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
As you ask about brand, I must state C&D, closely followed by McClelland. I am sure others will eventually tempt me. So many brands, so little time.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Hard question to answer. Only blend I've had that i didn't like was black xx. I stuck with va flakes and VaPer (love lane 125) but lately its been mostly burley blends.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
by the way, welcome aboard elma'. Can I edit the headline just a little? Brands usually refer to the company that blends tobacco, and a brand often blends several or often scores of different blends or single leaf tobaccos. In pipe lingo, we don't usually speak of what we "use," which is more often used in recreational drug lingo. So I think the headline, in pipe smoking lingo, would be: What Blend That You Smoke Do You Like Best? Or something like that. Like any culture, pipe smoking has its own way of talking and writing about things, but you'll pick it up in no time. The headline kept bothering me, so I thought I should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.