PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
Good morning folks. I am a fan of the Savinelli Roma pipes for their price, broad variety of shapes and smooth smokability. In my eyes the Romas are the go to pipes when I am running out of the house with a pipe in hand.
This morning I grabbed my the 413 horn with my coffee to enjoy a nice turn in the weather with a bowl of McClelland Old Church. The 413 is my one pipe which is pretty picky regarding the tobacco it likes. It has to be dry and not tend to burn hot. The Old Church is a great match for this little Italian. I packed a full bowl and sipped it nice and slow to the bottom of the bowl. Well, 45 minutes latter the coffe was long gone and I was nice and relaxed, ready for the day.
Savinelli Roma cheers to you on a fine day.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Cheers back to ya!
The price certainly doesn't hurt, but the Romas are my favorite because of the rustication style, color, and accent color on the rim. That combo just hits an aesthetic trifecta for me. My 673KS Roma seems like the perfect pipe to me.
In a similar vein, I like the Peterson Donegal Rocky for the same reason. If I ever buy a Pete (which I doubt), it will definitely be from that line.

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
Sounds like a heavenly start to the day. I need to start making the time to enjoy a morning bowl.

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
A smaller bowl will be in order today, yesterday was a long smoke and out of the ordinary for me. I am a morning smoker more often on the weekend than during the week.

slystatus

Lurker
Dec 21, 2016
Those look fantastic! And your initial tale makes me want to go to sleep so morning can come quickly!

cosmicduffer

Lurker
May 23, 2017
Love my Roma 614 - anytime of day but yes mornings are indeed special. Methinks that dollar for dollar, nothing smokes so reliably as a Sav. Peaceful smokes.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Roma's look great but I'm not a huge fan of the bowl coating. Of all the 315's I've had, the Roma was my least favorite smoker. That 316 you have is a beauty.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No Romas but many Savs -- 601 churchwarden, Oscar Lucite KS prince, zulu, Venere apple, pot, etc. Never let me down.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Will be getting a Roma 305 when funds allow. Lucite stem I think, although the vulcanite is cheaper. Not quite made my mind up.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Will be getting a Roma 305 when funds allow. Lucite stem I think, although the vulcanite is cheaper. Not quite made my mind up.
That's one of the things I like about Sav's, primarily acrylic stems. Vulcanite is too much maintenance to keep them looking good.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
My Savinelli churchwarden is among my most smoked pipes I have. I have a Clark's Best that also smokes great. They never seem to get too hot, and everything just burns so nicely. I don't have a Roma yet, but may have to get one soon.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I too very much love my Romas. I've got 2 Roma 673 KS pipes, and their hand-feel, smoking characteristics and look are, for me, fantastic. I've got one for VaPer/VaBurs and one for English blends. Smoking some Potlatch in one right now....
:)
CW

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Savinelli Roma line is a great value for wonderful smoking pipes. I have 4 of them and they are my workhorse pipes. I prefer the 606 shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.