PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Hello fellow pipe enthusiasts. I just recently added some more pipes to the collection that I won fairly cheap on the auction site. Here they are:
Yello Bole Panel Billiard Honey Cured $7.00

*Auction pic was horrible. Will take pics when it shows up*
Yello Bole "Duo-Lined" Bulldog $4.25

156pipu.jpg

Dun King 1/2 Bent Billiard Masterly $15.00

28mo5n9.jpg

Missouri Meerschaum 11 3/8" Churchwarden Corn Cob $13.00

2j64u2f.jpg

Carey Magic Inch Full-Bent $15.00

f4gt40.jpg

Freehand Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob $25.00

2d9ve53.jpg

Carey Magic Inch Full Bent Rusticated $22.00

2ew14bc.jpg

Lastly, I am working with Scott at Aristocob on getting a Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur "Rusticob".
Cheers,

Jared

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Thanks cobguy! This will be my second and third Carey pipe and the one I have smokes like a dream. It is a horn pipe so I am excited to try the different styles.

Danhester, it is a briar according to the listing.
Cheers,

Jared

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Very nice, Jared.
I know very little about Carey pipes save that they're made in Bristow, Oklahoma - of all places. Owning three you will probably become our in-house Carey expert. (I'd like to know more about the Duncan Hill Aerosphere with that built in carburetor.)
Be sure and post your thoughts on these new purchases after they show up, please.
Fnord

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I have 8 Carey pipes which I mostly smoke at the beach (no particular reason, that's just where the collection is). They are generally very light in weight, burn well and cleanup easily. The filter system is not, IMHO, particularly effective when compared to a 9 mm filtered pipe but does not detract either. Most of the shapes offered are conventional but there are some rather avante garde shapes too. The stem is flimsy and I have had to replace one that cracked. Since they are inexpensive and light enough to clench easily they work for my purposes...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great prices on some nice pipes. I thought the MM freehand could be bought new for about that price, but I'm not certain. Otherwise, great deals. I owned a carburetor pipe for years, but always found the extra air diminished the flavor, but that's just me. They are nifty, sturdy little pipes. They should have a cut-out to use the pipe without that feature, other than the duct tape people use.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Yes, they were all eBay pipes. The freehand cob pipe is $30-32 on Missouri Meerschaum's site if I recall so $25 is not a bad deal :puffy: :mrgreen:
Cheers,

Jared

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Adding a couple more:
Carey Magic Inch Tapered Poker $40.00

cmir.jpg

Rigoletto Churchwarden $32.00

churchwarden.jpg

Mario Grandi XL Sandblasted Volcano $100.00