PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Yes, I could to as both of those blends I do like. How ever, any thing else you better buy/buy/buy as the tax man cometh...
You got that right. Tax man is here and he's getting comfy. A tub of codger bought locally for me is around $70, thanks to taxes. I could totally see the price reaching $100 in the not too distant future. That's what dictates how and what I'm buying. I still buy a pipe now and then though, only because of my disorder.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I suspect if/when the day comes around here I'll hopefully still have at least PA &CH to fall back on but nothing else. Could probably live with that, though.
Thank God for "OTC" tubs! If for some unforseen, terrible reason all my tins, jars, and pouches became unavailable to me, I'd have enough tubs to smoke 'til I croaked. puffy

(PA & CH ... I could live with those.)

Reactions: anotherbob

newdave61

Lurker
Aug 31, 2018
Definitely tobacco. My wife thinks I'm crazy for buying crumbly leaves in fancy tin cans, but I see the writing on the wall. Prices will never be cheaper and availability will likely only go down.

Reactions: anotherbob

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
As a citizen of a country that has just made mail orders of tobacco illegal without a license (Australia), I can only recommend buying as much tobacco as you are comfortable spending money on. It surely is a sign of things to come in other countries.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
Tobacco is my focus now with the talk of banning Internet sales. The Internet is the only logical way for me to get the tobacco that I want. Sure, I could drive an hour and a half to Milwaukee, but that would get old quick. The higher prices, the lack of stock and the 3 hour drive do not appeal to me.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Tobacco haters are infringing on my constitutional right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No one is trying to ban pipes, at least for now.

"You'd think they were describing a pipe or a cigarette holder or cigar holder. But you would be wrong —the FDA is now taking the position that pipes are components and parts of pipe tobacco. How's that again? My pipe, made of wood and vulcanized rubber, is a component of my pipe tobacco no different from the Latakia and Perique?"

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA

"You'd think they were describing a pipe or a cigarette holder or cigar holder. But you would be wrong —the FDA is now taking the position that pipes are components and parts of pipe tobacco. How's that again? My pipe, made of wood and vulcanized rubber, is a component of my pipe tobacco no different from the Latakia and Perique?"

Yeah, I read that one awhile back.

My line of thinking was:
So if that’s the case then why aren’t they going after coffee cup/mug manufacturers? Same deal - coffee is a foodstuff that’s regulated, coffee cups/mugs are caffeine delivery devices.

piperRowan

Lurker
Jul 2, 2019
If you are outside the USA or in the EU, more tobacco, more tobacco, and more tobacco, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

I am 'neighbor' of the Queen, you could always get nice and decent pipes here, Peterson (my favorite), Dunhill, Ben Wade, Stanwell........

BUT not tobacco. Based on my experiences, the prices of different tobacco are not stable. 'Luckily', the stock is more unstable....... Let's say you find a good smoke which you hope to convert it to be everyday smoking for the next four weeks. Once you finish the tin you have after two weeks, you visit your tobacconist friend again, he may tell you that this tobacco has been sold out and your tobacconist will phone you when it in stock. in this case, I will normally expect he/she to call me after Christmas;-).

You will also find that some nice tobacco might be discontinued in the UK or other countries in the EU. For example, the entire range of Dunhill tobacco was being discounted in 2017, including early morning, nightcap and flake. Although the range has been reproduced by Peterson, it was a disaster. I always expect that my day to day favorites may be discontinued for some reason in the future.

So get more tobacco you like if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.