PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I have been contemplating one of these pipes for a couple months... Their marketing makes them appear as though they are really great pipes at a decent price. I know so little about them. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience? Do they smoke well? How does it feel in your hand? etc?
I have read reviews... and of course they are all great... but I'd trust your input more.
Right now they have a fantastic deal too.
If you buy one of their XXX pipes @ $129+/-, they throw in one of their "hangover" pipes which cost $69+/-. Plus a tamper and some other little things.
This deal only lasts until tomorrow.
I was looking at a Devil Dog.
You can search moonshine pipes for their website. I believe one or more of our sponsors sells their pipes as well (Pipes and Cigars).

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Nice pipes! I remember they had an Etsy store and the pipes were lookers then. Sorry I didn't answer your post but just adding my 2¢.

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
They're legit. I picked up a Devil Anse from his Bootlegger series around Thanksgiving when he had a special on "seconds". Mine has one tiny little fill on the shank that most folks wouldn't ever notice. Just keep in mind that the XXX and Bootlegger series are fraized pipes that he finishes by hand. The one I received was drilled perfectly and smokes very well. I'm happy with my purchase and I'd be all over this deal if the timing were a bit better for me.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I know Johnathan personally, I've got 2 of his pipes and I've seen the production line at Briarworks working on his pipes. Quality is what you'd expect from Briarworks, and his handmade pipes are top notch.
Moonshine pipes also did the Austin Pipe Club's pipe of the year and is a wonderful smoker.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
These are damm' nice pipes for the price:
Here's just one great example. http://www.moonshinepipes.com/collections/custom-shop-pipes/products/smashed-tomater-w-cumberland?variant=13202435395
I wonder if Todd Johnson likes them.

stanwellman

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2011
They are very nice indeed. Just not sure about the lightning bolt logo on the stem… just not for me… .

Status
Not open for further replies.