PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukx

Lurker
Nov 11, 2014
I heard opinion that Molto Dolce is cheaper version of McClelland Premium Aromatics. I love Molto smoothness and mildness. Does really McClelland is similar? Which of the Premium Aromatics form them would be similar to Molto Dolce ?

They have:
PremiumAromatics-685.jpg

Welcome to the forums...
I'm not familiar with ALL of this line by McClelland, but having tried quite a few, plus a few others by them. I don't think that any of the McClellands are similar to Molto Dolce. It is rather unique in how heavily topped it is, Sutliff even had to develop a special process to make it as heavily topped as it is. McClelland on the other hand seems to be very light handed with their aromatics. Some say that you taste more of the tobacco in the McClelland aromatics, but to me, I still don't taste the tobacco.
If you like MD, maybe try Creme Brule in bulk by Sutliff/Altadis. I can't tell a difference between the two.

However, if you just want a milder aromatic, any of the McClellands will work. You're not going to taste it anyways. And, bless you for smoking for the pleasure of the bystanders. :puffy:

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've tried Molto Dolce, and it's a fine Aro.

Never tried any of the McClelland aros, but I've never had anything from them that wasn't good!

That said, if you want a good Aro with a solid tobacco base, give Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake a try, you won't be disappointed!

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
You may also want to try 4th Generation 1957 (widely available and really smooth!) or Three Blind Moose from 4Noggins. Neither are "just like" Molto Dolce but if you like MD you will probably like '57 or TBM. Happy Puffin'
Dave :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.