Peterson Tobacco Ad

Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Looking at the codger blends, so called, you have to remember that some of these have survived the demise of hundreds of other blends, some for over a century. So the fact that they keep showing up at shops and shows and online retail sites tells you that someone is buying them, ongoing. I take seriously any blend that is not scarce to purchase, is seldom out of stock, can be bought in almost any quantity and is widely distributed to the great convenience of the customers. Among others, that would be Mixture No. 79. The big sellers are the big sellers. No "out of stock" crap.

Reactions: Spinkle

perdurabo

Preferred Member
Jun 3, 2015
I’ll stick with Sixpence. Pernod topping! Im guessing Pernod, C&D had some bottles on a shelf in one of those videos on YouTube.

jerseysam

Mar 24, 2019
Got a tub for the first time on this blend with an order three weeks ago. While the tub note is strongly licorice, on light it's nowhere near as overpowering as reputation would have it. Very mellow burley taste, nice licorice/whisky-vanilla flavor at a medium strength (on a relative aromatic scale). Burns surprisingly well out of the tub, and very well (for me in a briar) with 30 minutes of dry time. Not complex, but very pleasant "sessionable" smoke. If you don't like licorice flavoring no need to try, but this is a more than competent 'daily smoke' with a unique flavoring. I really dig it, and it'll be joining CBRM, London Dock, and Copenhagen Blend in my rotation for no-fuss daily aromatic.