PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm kidding, I think, but I'm tempted to start one up so people can experience this controversial tobacco. I've never tried it, and hear it universally reviled, but someone keeps buying it. The problem is that buying a 14oz tub to sample it and then having 13.76 ounces of something to dump on the begonias does not sound appealing.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's been many, a very many years since my Middleton days. I'd gladly give another bowl a try, if only for the youthful memories. Middleton blends were almost always a guarantee to attract the coeds. I'd even, possibly, enjoy a sample of Cherry Blend one more time. Enjoy may be too strong a word here. But, I'd give it a go. Ah, dorm parties, a convertible '56 Chevy in Fairbanks in winter (the top was permanently down), hitch hiking back to the campus in -50 degree weather . . . it was good to be young and dumb. Seriously! It really was grand to be ignorant of the realities of life and in the bloom of youth when I had all the answers.
Yup, I'd stuff a bowl with any of the Middletons one more time just for the memories.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Hell warren, I still smoke Middleton's Cherry, Walnut and Sugar Barrel on a regular basis. I also have a tub of Kentucky Club Mixture I dip into from time to time. The old times are still here for me. You should try them again. If you can get them. I don't know if that makes me dumb, but I sure ain't young anymore. That's for sure.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Yup, this thread may start me on a short trip down memory lane. I'll go out tomorrow and see is I can score a pouch of something Middleton. I'm a bit worried that won't be able to handle the crush of nubile young ladies any longer. I'm willing to take the chance though.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Warren, Russ has developed a series to reproduce old blend flavors. P&C carries it under their Hearth & Home Mid-Town Cherry. Russ has a cherry blend supposedly tasting like the old "Cherry Blend" of Middleton. I have not tried it but you might give it a go. About the chicks, bro you are on your own :lol:
Hearth & Home Mid-Town Cherry

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
You better hope you don't get me for the Christmas secret santa. MUAHAHAHAHAh!!!

Maybe just a box pass of the blends that we love to hate on. So, that others can share in the hate?

Like Middleton Cherry, Dark Flake scented, 1792 (or your Lakeland of choice), Borkum Riff, Molto Dolce, or whatever has been posted multiple times on here to incite disgust.
*I know, I know, some will get offended, but if it is consolation, I smoke some of these "hated" blends also.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I like the idea of a disgusting box pass. I may have to add a pouch of Mixture 79 to my next PandC order just to see what the fuss is about.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I guess I would try them again too, for all the same reasons Warren would. If you fall into a certain age bracket those brands bring back memories of a time when the toughest decision you had to make was, would you spent what little money you had on tobacco or beer. And yes, in those days someone would actually stop and pick up a hitch-hiker.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
If you really want something vile I have most of a tin of Dan Non Plus Ultra that I bought in South Carolina last winter. It took 2 days and many scotches to get the taste out of my mouth. Let me know and it's yours. This is my only warning.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Which begs the question, "Without smoking Cest la Vie, just how does one know the taste of a French woman's used lace panties?"
Just...puttin' it out there. :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Cest la vie was my most horrid tobacco. Tasted like a French woman's used lace panties.
And how is that a bad thing?.......I'm speaking out loud again aren't I?
sorry-20.GIF

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Tasted like a French woman's used lace panties.

That comment is why we don't drink and read forum posts. Whatever the reason may be that you've had french panties in your mouth....I won't judge that you used it to judge. However.....might I ask why lace?

Status
Not open for further replies.